Thread: Today's symptoms: Normal? Not Normal? Some Female Issues Mentioned.

Question Today's symptoms: Normal? Not Normal? Some Female Issues Mentioned.

Hi All,

I'm having some strange symptoms, just wondering if it's something I need to worry about or not.

So I was under a fair amount of stress last week and I got a yeast infection. I used an over the counter treatment and the itching went away. A few days later I had some really bad cramping, like bad period cramps. Then I got my period 4 days early. I'm on the pill and I've never had an early period. Anyways... period came and went and cramping went away.

Now I've been really dizzy for 4 or so days. I feel like the room is spinning often. It gets better when I'm occupied/not thinking about it. I started taking my blood pressure and it's slightly elevated (for me) it's between 140/90 and 149/80. Pulse is in the 100's which isn't unusual for me. I also feel really weak and run down and my mouth tastes like copper/pennies. I don't feel overly stressed at the moment, but these symptoms are making me feel anxious. When I say I feel weak, I mean getting out of bed and sitting on the couch is exhausting.

I don't have a tempreture. The other day I had some high up abdominal pain but it was after I had a few too many drinks the night before (it was my birthday.)

I'm a 22 year old female, currently on 30mgs mirtazapine and birth control pills and proton pump inhibitors for acid reflux. I've been suffering from generalized anxiety for the last 9-10 months.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention! Weightloss. I've been eating the same amount of food and I've lost 3-4 lbs.

Re: Today's symptoms: Normal? Not Normal? Some Female Issues Mentioned.

just be sure the yeast infection is completely gone away, like no cottage cheese like discharge, no yeast smell, itchiness, burning...

the dizziness is quite normal with stress.
    I'm not sure how common it is to get your period early while in the pill, but my anxiety really alters my period.

3 or 4 pounds seems ok, like I can gain up to 6 pounds while on my period and then it drops off afterwards.
    also being stressed out burns lots of calories.

have you been to your doctor at all?

The yeast infection -was- gone. I didn't have any cottage cheese discharge during it.... really I had no discharge at all. Just really itchy and irritated and the medication took it away, but now it feels like it's returning.

When I got my period early I had dropped to like 122 lbs, and now that my period has finished I've gone to around 120lbs or so (normally I'm around 125+ lbs)

I've been to my doctor lots and for so many things, every test he runs on me always comes back normal. Just before I got this yeast infection and the early period I went for my first pap test and STD test and everything came back normal. I have an appointment to see my doctor on Tuesday. I'm just wondering if this is something that requires more urgent/immediate attention?

Thanks for your help

Hey

Doesn't sound like much to worry about to me. Dizziness, high pulse rate and exhaustion are all very very normal for anxiety sufferers. Some people get exhaustion so badly that they can't get out of bed, but once the anxiety is treated it's all gone. if you've had some recent stress, which you said you had, then the most likely reason for the dizziness and exhaustion is anxiety. Also with the taste in your mouth I get that sometimes when I've been really anxious or stressed. It's to do with the different chemicals your body produces in anxiety and your hightened sense of taste due to arousal

Thread Information