Thread: what can i do with kids if i cant go out

what can i do with kids if i cant go out

i cant go far,, i try i can do local coop and maybe park on a good day but when kids are with me, they dont do a lot cause we in doors or garden,, they go out but with there nans and dad ect, does any one have this problem ,? do u feel bad? do people get on at ya and say in not so many words ya a bad parent? , i do lots of stuff indoors with them,, i have a 2yr old and a 13 yr old,, the eldest does as she pleases. i just wanna know if anyone els in this situation,

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Re: what can i do with kids if i cant go out

Its a horrible situation isn't it, i don't think you should feel bad at all about it, because look at it this way, you spend your quality time with your children and that in itself makes you a good parent and if you can get them to the park occasionally then brilliant.

I used to work seven days a week and hardly spent any time with my children, that i felt incredibly guilty about, there are so many things you can do with your children whether it be in the home, garden or the park.

I still find it so difficult taking my little girl out on my own, but if my eldest daughter is with me i can travel anywhere, even on the train, sometimes i have the odd pang of guilt wishing i could take her on my own, but then i remember that guilt is a wasted emotion and i have too many other thoughts to have to deal with, without that one creeping in.

Some of my best childhood memories are not of going places, but setting up a tent in the garden and mum allowing us to have a picnic, wasn't even a tent but a sheet.......but such happy memories.

di xx

Youve brought back memories of what it was like for me when my son was young, not being able to take him to places that i thought i should have been.
    He is 21 now and a very confident well ajusted lad.
    Not being able to take them out doesnt make you a bad parent, its the quality time together that they will remember and will help them the most in life, not the days out
    Having friends round as often as possible is a good way to keep you both amused as well.
    I know its not easy but you sound like you are a great mum and doing all you can for your kids.

as long as you love, nurture and listen to your children then you'd be a great mother!

My dad's always suffered from very bad social anxiety and bi-polar. He used to do heaps of stuff with me at home. The best thing we used to do was build cubbyhouses out of every single blanket and pillow in the house and on sunny day's we'd have picnics in the backyard and blow lots of bubbles. There's plenty of things you can do to show your kids that you love them and want to spend time with them other than going out. And you save money! And idea if you can get to the local park is to fly a kite or kick a soccer ball around. You could go on a scavenger hunt around the park, or even your own backyard or house. My dad suffered, but he was still great at doing things with us when we were younger

We didn't have a lot of money when I was growing out but one of our favourite indoor activities was a picnic. It's funny to think now we used to get excited over eating lunch off paper plates on a rug in the front room

Thread Information