Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "one good thing you did today" thread.

The "one good thing you did today" thread.

The main thing I've noticed about anxiety and panic is that it makes us focus so much on the bad things that we start to overlook the good.

This is a thread to post your daily successes and focus on the positive things we have done in spite of our anxiety.

I'll go first. Today I have started on a little project. I never commit to anything anymore because I've just been so down that I couldn't see the point. I've not done cross stitch since I was at school but today I've started on a huge piece of material and I am determined that I will finish it. Its going to be an abstract piece that will represent my struggles with depression and anxiety and hopefully my recovery.

Success number two: I answered the door! I went to hide as usual but I got brave and answered it and it wasn’t that scary at all.

I really hope that this thread takes off and together we can all celebrate our success!

Re: The "one good thing you did today" thread.

Well today Im really down and depressed,my mum had a fall few weeks ago and its painful for her to walk,she needed something from the shop and I really did not feel like going out.But I pushed myself got on my bike and went.

Iv only just got back on my bike after about 8 years,as I came off it and lost my confidence.Its not much but it is to me.xxxx

I like this thread I've just decided to be more positive myself. Ok it's only 1.30pm but I suppose I went for a drive as a passenger in my mum's car today which I don't like doing because I always need to be the driver

You've both done really well Its always good to push yourself out of your comfort zone a little bit, kind of proves that we're not out of the game completely

decorated bedroom ,, painted had good day ,,

I did a few things today and felt a lot better. It really help to look back on a day and feel as though you have achieved something. Thankyou for starting post

I went into town today to get my boyfriends birthday presents.
    Good thread Emz. Keep up the positives everyone.

Oh this is a good thread, i didnt do much really my mum came round for lunch and we done some gardening.
    My freind is coming round in awhile and ive not fell to sleep today!! which ive done everyday this week, but im yawning my head off. lol

I went into town again today and had something to eat whilst I was out

You've all done so well - i was in work today and had a bad time for a few hours but managed to stick it out and then met my friend for tea even though the chest pains were hideous - just tried to carry on as normal although nearly caved in but now feel so much better so really chuffed with myself that I felt so bad and just got myself through - hurrah for me and for all of you x x x xx x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information