Thread: Re; back on cipralex

Re; back on cipralex

Only day 3 on 10mg after week on 5mg slept a bit last night on and off went to local hole in the wall nearly passed out when I wake up in the morning feel like bed is spinning, so sick, shaky, nervous, dry mouth can't work out whether it's anxiety worsening or side-effects hot and cold flushes bed's drenched rang GP she said cos shrink prescribed em' can't change or add etc she just said like AA ride the storm keep taking them and said it did'nt matter when I took them (midday) she also said it's only early days so more anxious today than yesterday hope it wanes and they kick-in soon just last time they did'nt mind you like I've said started/stopped/started/changed know wonder I ended up going off the rails and doing what I did them thoughts are still prevelant cos still anxious and worse because disabled in one hand! things have gotta improve asap!!!!! help/advice/info/owt thankyou.

Re: Re; back on cipralex

Hello Micko! Yes, ride the storm is soooo true! I very much understand where you are at, not sure what is the cause and what is the problem.....it is very frustrating, but you must get over the part where you are trying to figure it out. It really doesn't matter which is anxiety and which is side effects, and I found that in my early days on cip I spent a whole lot of time trying to assess what I was feeling. It certainly didn't help my, in fact, the constant obsessive thinking about it all made me much worse. In the end, it matters not if it is anxiety or side effects - either way, it will get better soon! If it is side effects, they do calm down in the coming days, and the anxiety will too! I can't begin to explain the difference I feel! I was where you are only a few short weeks ago. I very much understand the feelings of climbing the walls, and the desperation for all of those horrible feelings to go away. They will go away! I have been at the 10 mg dose for 3 weeks now, and it is soooo much better! It is gradual, and from one day to the next it is hard to see improvement, but after 3 weeks, looking back, it is an incredible difference! (so much so that I wonder sometimes why I started on these meds in the first place! I can actually feel so normal sometimes, I wonder if the anxiety was all "In my head" - I am staying the course for the recommended 12 months as I don't want to ever have to start again!) Mornings were the worst for me too, and it is a hell of a way to start the day! I still have the odd morning where I feel a little queasy, but that too is so much better. Each day will be better for you until you look back and see how far you have come! I don't know anything of the meds that you have just come off of, but I do see other posts from people speaking of the hell they went through coming off of some of them. It can take weeks for the effects of the drugs leaving your system to stop making you feel terrible, and weeks for the new drugs to kick in and stop side effects. The good news is that you are almost 2 weeks into this, so I think it safe to say that you have reached the turning point! The worst is nearly over, and the good effects are only days away. Hang in there my friend, you are doing great!!!!!

micko we all have been through this hell!You know how long I've been trying to get over it. I was on 10 mg and suddenly my anxiety by no reason came back. I was so disappointed that I started 20mg again. Still afraid that it won't work went up to 30mg under my doctor's advice and still was anxious if it will work again. For 1 1/2 month I was still had this feeling when finally I CONVINCED my self that it will work and I don't have to be afraid of that any more. On my last visit to my to doctor she said to me that whenever I am ready I can go back to 20mg. For one week I was anxious and afraid and I wasn't ready for this. With a lot of talk to myself today I feel much better. I said I CAN DO THIS. And here I am today reducing my dosage. Today is my first day on 20mg again and still with a lot if talk to my self that I CAN DO THIS.
    You need to talk to yourself a lot and trying to convince him that you will get better. If the med has worked for you before it will work again. Please trust me I've been there many times and the same times I got over it. We need to trust our doctors but we need also to talk to them a lot. Tell to your doctor all of your worries and try to visit them as much often as you can
    We will be in touch!
    Best regards and wishes to feel free of your anxious

feel worse today than yesterday hardly slept, sweating, dry mouth, shakin' like a leaf as I'm typing this tried to sleep in a bit but felt so sick and felt like bed was spinning this can't be normal only on week 2 of 10mg don't seem to touching it just seemed to have made me so more bloody anxious don't know when these side-effects wil wane or if the effects will kick-in soon if ever??? bloody nightmare I appreciate your support I'm in a right quandry feel like just coming off em' feel so rough scared stiff to go out, answer phone got this woman coming from social on Tuesday gonna be in a right state!

Micko - could your symptoms be down to the clonazepam you are withdrawing from? How long were you taking them for and what was your dosage? My understanding is that this is a highly potent benzodiazepine and would need withdrawing very very slowly.

first time in hospital then after was on for months then weaned off down to 0.5mg then half quarter etc then went back on a few months ago cos just could'nt cope was just on 0.5mg for a couple of weeks weaned off again same way rough today with anxiety so down never sweat so much in bed just hope the cipralex kicks in soon bloody suicidal thoughts more prevelant but ssri's are noted for that in the early stages sure the shrink would'nt have just fobbed me off by putting me back on if she thought it would increase the risk of that! how come one day don't feel as anxious then day after do must admit not been on 2 weeks (Tues) 1 week on 5mg then up to 10mg since Tuesday then continue on 10mg up to shrink if I go up to max just strugglin as well to accept left hand ****ed result of what I did back last Oct can't do half of what I could when I was in hospital got through cos on clonaz twice daily and loadsa physio believed my hand was gonna get back to normal! can't even go out at moment let alone go to flat just feel so rough and dread someone seeing me cos everyone knows about everything here!

hi miko hope your braving the storm still..... ive moved home friday gone and boy did i wake with a massive panic attack shot out of bed and thought f*** its back scared me to death but im hoping its the upset of the move and plus have been on the go morning till night for past 2 weeks so it still gets me now .dont be scared u be fine i know

lisa x

Thread Information