Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some support!!!

need some support!!!

I went to the emerence room last night cuse of these weird chills up and down my spine. Has anyone had that during an attack.

My wife is very unsupportive and want me to leave the house if I dont shape up. What do I do??

Help!

Hi

I have experienced these lots of times and agree these are scary! I have managed to convience myself though now that these are just a symptom of my anxiety,

Have you shown you wife this site? It may help her to see what you are going through

Hope things work out ok

Wendy

Hi Newbee

Yes these are quite common. Were you checked out and all ok?

Nicola

I was checked out, but the thing is I tell the people about the Panic attack thing and so they dont really go much further.

I heard about tremers, but I didn't know chills too... Good to know.

In the past i have had lower back pain and Orchitis and so now my wife thinks I'm the boy who crys wolf. She thinks it's all made up melodrama and I'm scared to lose my family and I have not got any friends. I haven't talk to my parents for 2 years and now today I called them. I may have to go live there but I couldnt bring myself to ask, b/c once me and my wife lived there after 9/11 disaster and they threw us out after 5 month (tough love). My mom is recovering from ovarian cancer(5 years now) and doesn't want any stress, so I'm not sure she would let me stay there. I'm thinking I should check into a mental health place for a month, but I dont wanna go crazy there.

I started taking Paxil 12.5mg again. I only took it 5 days and haven't for the last 2, but I think I'm gonna try again. Does anyone know a good dose? And is it ok if I also take Xanax until the Paxil kicks in?

I think I may have epididymo-orchitis and when those symptoms act up it triggers my panic attacks. They have no treatment for this unless it is bacterial and I have no idea if it is or not, but if it's not I'm stuck without any treatment at all and that's scary. If I can't concur this Orchitis how will I concur my attacks???http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic344.htm

hi there sorry your having hard time.yes the chills you describe are very common with panic.im sorry your wife is non understanding of this it is very hard for someone else to know what your going through.why not try showing her this site and getting her to read the pages describing panic and anxiety that might help.sorry i cant help about the medication i dont take meds.hope u get on okay take care marcia

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Thanx all! I tried to show her this but she doesn't want to look and just complains about everything I do wrong. Like sometimes I go to the bathroom and read and take 20 minutes, she hates that! I also fight with her parents b/c they're russian and they alway misunderstand anything I do, even when i alway try to help them.

I've askd to come to counseling with me and she refuses. I bought books and she wont read them. I love her but this is very hard and scary. I try to help everyway i can around the house and then if I'm not having a good moment and want to relax, she gets upset and says I'm flip flopping. I dont know what to do. I've been to the emergency room 3 times in one week.

There is a panic grooup meeting 30 minutes away tomorrow hopefully that will help. Then on Tuesday I have my first psycologist appointment.

Thanks again everyone....I really need this right now!

the group will really help i promise you. and dont be so hard on yourself about the er visits, we have all done this, reassurance is a temporary but great relief.

i find that when partners struggle to understand it is often better to use us as it were to confide in and help you when you are feeling down because we have all and are all going through. thus less burden is put on the partner, and your relationship is easier on you both. you dont feel the guilt, and she doesnt feel she is being put upon.

we are all here to help you through the really bad times and i assure you if the support group is anything like mine it is a great life line

let us no how it goes
    jackie

Thanks Jackie! Your support makes me feel better. The thing is I can't always just get online and something my wife and kids are always on top of me. Like right now I'm not taking a nap and everyone else is. Guess what..If I feel tired later it's my fault and I can't take a nap b/c I wasted it online posting???? I wish I had more rom in this house or I could take a vacation alone or even just relax a few whole days. Can't afford it, but I did take off of work and my wife will be on me about that soon enough.....Help!!!!

Hi

Just remember how when it happens to us we cant cope with it and we dont understand so to expect others to understand that havent suffered is hard for everyone. I hated my friends as they didnt seem to care how i felt but then i remembered that when i started suffering i didnt care or understand what was going on.

She will be finding it hard and however much she loves you she will be struggling to make sense of it just how you did when you first started suffering.

I really hope you can work through this and come out as a much stronger couple and if you dont we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Welcome to NMP!

Your symptoms are so classic of panic and anxiety. I am glad you have found this site try to see if your wife will read the forum this might give her a better understanding of what other people go through !

Your not alone in this or your symptoms

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information