Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ovary Pain

Ovary Pain

Hi I am 34 and have suffered from health anxiety since i was small. It has been under contol for about 9 months to a year but has sparked off again.

Went to docs yesterday as have had dull ache low down on right side of groin. Also it hurt there when i had sex last week.

When examined no lumps or bumps were found but on internal examination my right ovary was tender. Being sent for a scan but am in a complete panic about this.

So much so i went back to my normal doc today and she tried to re assure me but they can't know for definate without a scan. But this is the part that scares me!!!!!! Don't know how to cope with anxiety while waiting for the appt???

Has anyone else suffered similar???

Please don't post symptoms of o cancer because I don't want to know!!!!!

Thanks

Re: Ovary Pain

Im currently worrying about cervical, vaginal and uterine cancer due to abnormal periods and abnormal internal redness. My doc mentioned i may need an ultrsound where they er insert a probe, as well as not liking the sound of this, the most terrifying bit for me is them thinking Id need the test at all, and also waiting to find out if everything is ok.

From what I can gather though alot of these tests to ascertain if theres something wrong down there are pretty standard if you report with any symptoms at all. Its an area they cant really tell whats going on with it, as symptoms are so generic of every condition down there, and its obviously an area they cant see without tests. I also think they refer us for such types of tests to cover their own backs, as since they cant rule our symtoms such as a dull pain being due to something they need to treat, even if they dont think it is they still refer you.

If the doc isnt worried it is likely to be nothing, we have twinges in our stomach for all manner of reasons. They would have referred you with urgency for tests if they had really suspected anything I think.
    Last edited by louise123_uk; 20-08-10 at 12:25.

Thanks for replying!

Yes I know that they just cover themselves, i do have ibs too and sometimes it all feels the same and i am not sure wwhat is hurting! If they didn't suggest a scan i would worry but because they have i'm worrying too lol!!!!

I used to work in the gynae ward a few years ago so i now what to expect but i'm worried about going and then the technician needs to go and speak to someone and a doc coming in and it being something horrible is what runs through my head!!!
    If i was a normal person, iprobably wouldn't even think about it! Never been like that though!

I have had what you describe, only on the left side. I haven't been on here for a while, but I am sure I posted more than a couple of times about it last yr.
    I have had the symptom off & on for years, they sent me for a scan when I was 21 (I am 39 now) & at the time it's what sparked my health anxiety off if I remember rightly. The scan turned out to be all clear & I was eventually diagnosed with I.B.S but I am not even convinced it was/is that. Last year I had about 3 bouts of it, which would last 2 or 3 weeks each time. I didn't go to the docs as they scare me. But I haven't had it this year, yet.
    You may have a cyst, that's what I was expecting to hear but didn't. But I know where you're at with the appointment. I got myself in a bit of a state & was physically shaking in the waiting room, I was so scared.
    But I bet all will be fine. x

I started having pain like you described in my early 30's and it turned out to be cysts on my ovaries.
    Not a serious condition.
    Basically I was given pain pills (which I never took as I'm a medicine phob) and antibiotics cuz I had one burst (to prevent infection).
    I still have them and they bother me once in a great while but not too bad.
    Doesn't do any damage. It's pretty common really!
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Yes commonly it can be cysts, and also ive heard that when you ovulate, produce an egg, it can be felt in an ovary and can be painful in some women.

Anna xx

Thanks for replying everyone. I have never had this before and would think i would have experienced it before now but i suppose there always has to be a first time.

The pain during sex my doc says corresponds with that exact thing, ovulation and the little cyst it produces not going away causing the pain. I am due on anytime now, i hope it just stops hurting and i can stop worrying, i'm too fightened to do anything!!!!

I know this thread was posted a few months ago now but i wanted to comment on it because i havnt found any other threads like this one more recent....

I have this pain... i have it now! Its driving me mad and im so worried...
    It started a couple of days ago now, i had a dull ache in my left ovary, really low down and iv also had constant dull ache in my lower back... i was ony my period last week so its hard to convince myself that im ovulating because i shouldnt be yet?!

I am on the Cerazette pill and my periods are very irregular... they range from normal to very light and can last anywhere between a couple of days to a week... i never know when im due on so it has messed my cycle up abit... this could be the reason why i have this pain now, maybe i am ovulating?!

I have no idea but i am so worried and i dont want to go to the doctors incase they tell me its something bad! (sounds stupid i know)

How did your tests go and results go??
    Did the pain clear up by itself? xx

[IMG][/IMG]

I have pain here..You sound exactly like me though I have back pain also and I'm just going offf me head :( I've to go for an ultrasound and I'm just freaking xx

oops sorry for the largeness of the image. Is that round about your where your pain is too ? xx It's weird because we freak when docs don't pay attention to us and then when they suggest treatments and scans etc we freak out too! xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information