Thread: Phased Returns to work

Phased Returns to work

Hi Folks

Just wandered if anyone had been signed off work with anxiety/depression and returned to work on a phased basis. Basically I was off for 5 weeks in total and my GP recomended a phased return to work so I arranged this with my employer and handed in my sick note upon which the GP had ticked the box which recomends a phased return. I have had my payslip today and I have not been paid for the days off I took on the two weeks I worked 3 days as opposed to 5. To be honest my phased return should of took place over a longer period than 2 weeks but I was consious of having been off for 5 weeks (not by choice I might add as this was the worst I have ever felt in my life during this period!). My question is can they do this ? Surely if a Doctor has stated you are fit for work but not on a full time basis the days you are off you are still sick ? Im really angry as they didnt speak to me about this, just gave me my payslip, said nothing and it is over £ 200 down !!

Appreciate any advice

Px

Re: Phased Returns to work

anybody ?

yes what they are doing is legal acas are a good source of info on this subject
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

It depends if your company pays you sick pay or not. A lot don't nowadays. You need to read your contract and it will tell you or contact your HR department and they will tell you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information