Thread: lansoprazole 30mg

lansoprazole 30mg

Just had an endoscopy and was prescribed lansoprazole 30mg, one aday, took the first one this morning and was fine until several hours later. I feel dazed, off balance, lightheaded. Has anyone else had these and felt ill after?? Don't know whether to carry on taking them or wait until monday and speak to my doc.

Belle

Re: lansoprazole 30mg

i did, i felt worse on them had dizziness, hot, felt sick and couldnt get off tthe loo.
    my doctor gave another med and it done the same thing, omeprozole, maybe ask your doctor see what they think, im realy suffering this week with acid and pain but scared to take anything myself im using gaviscon but not working very well.

I had the endoscopy cos im not absorbing iron or b12 and I get bloated and stomach ache sometimes, the consultant said ive mild gastritis and to take these tablets for 4 weeks while I wait for the results for the biopsys. Is it possible to go dizzy several hours after taking the first one? im just assuming that was it is or could it be a delayed reaction to the sedation, or could it be because I skipped an antihistime - I suffer with allergies that send my head funny. What a mess.

Belle

Hi belle,

Dizziness is a side effect of lansoprozole.

If you have any concerns at all give nhs direct a call, they're very helpful and will put your mind at ease.

di xx

Hi Di, thanks for that, just me getting worked up, I'll see how I get on over the next few days and if im in doubt I will give them a call.

Belle

i realy need to take something im in pain and discomfort every minute of the day, the doctors givenm me rinitidine now as lansoprozole made me fel so dizzy, but im scared to take it the side effects look 100 times worse!!! at my wits end.

Thread Information