Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just need to talk.....

thanks..
    a lot sal...that was really nice to hear.
    It is funny now that I am thinking about it, that I am spending my birthday at home...I was going to go out, but with my week I have had I felt it would be good to relax at home, eat a home cooked meal my by bf, watch "The Fog"...I heard is scary...I love scary movies, and then I am going to get a good sleep. This weekend I have to catch up on my studying and homework, that I have been neglecting, because of my stupid side effects and all that crap...oh well...I know I will get it done...sometimes I do better when I cram (I have another test on Monday for my law class).
    Thanks to everyone here for their replies, input, and support.

Just like me when i was studying with the council it was the night before and can see the same pattern coming with Sam my daughter. You just have a great night regardless of anything. Everybody has the right to spend their birthday how they want and hope you do enjoy it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

hey everyone...
    I am now on Effexor, and I feel pretty good. I have not felt any side effects yet, and I am glad that I am on a new medication. So, hopefully it will work out for me..the meds...I was on it before and liked it better than Paxil.
    Things are ok...had a relaxing birthday, and now it is time to study for my law test tomorrow.

hi blondeangel, glad to read the med change is working out ok, good luck with your test tomorrow .. tc andrew

Hi Blondeangel

Great to hear that things are picking up for you at last.

Good luck with the law test tomorrow as well.

Nicola

thanks..
    I think I did well on my test...but I may not find out in a while what I got, because there is a teacher strike that just started today..and I don't know how long it will last. Mostof my profs prepared us for in case it happened with research papers and stuff, so I should still get some learning done. Plus, I am beginning to feel some side effects from the effexor, but not nearly as bad as the paxil. And I can get in some more work hours...I just hope the strike doesn't last too long.
    Anyways, that is what is going on now. I am glad that I made the med change...and hopefully I can go off them again sometime at least for a while, like last time.

Pleased you think you did well i am sure you did hun.

Thinking of you and hope it all works out for you how it should. Keep in touch hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

hey...
    I am doig much better now. My effexor had way less side effects and I have not been getting panic attacks at all..but some anxiety. I feel like I am beginning to feel more normal.
    But, I really hurt myself when I was on my Paxil. I was really clumsy and out of it...and I twisted my foot and ankle a few times. I didn't swell or hurt too much so i thought it was just a sprain. But a few days ago I realised that I was losing feeling in my ankle and the top of my foot that i hurt...If I rubbed it I could not feel it at all..so I was scared of nerve damage. Plus I could not move my ankle..it was like it was paralized. I went to the hospital and they told me it looks like nerve damage, and I just have to watch to see if the numbness spreads..and it hasn't. I neeed to see a neurologist next week. So my ankle is screwed up and the teachers are on strike for my college and other collleges...so things are a bit weird now.
    But I am doing ok..but I think I need to go...I am on painkillers for my ankle and meds for my pd and i am beginnning to feeel weird..and I can't type right at all..I keep going over my typing.
    But.... I know I will be ok....hopefully my ankle will move soon....it is weird....it is like it is paralyzed cuz it won't really move. Gotta go...i need to sleep.

Hi Hun

You are donig ok and that is great to hear. Thinking about you keep in touch babe.

Love Sal xx

hey everyone...
    my ankle is not really doing much better. I have not received a call from the hospital yet to see a neurologist, but I hope I do soon. The only good thing I can see from this is that if the injury is serious, I can possibly get money under my college insurance plan. But I still would rather have my ankle working. I can't do my rock climbing, because of my foot injury, which sucks.
    The teacher strike is still on and I have not really done much of my homework I need to do. I have been feeling very unmotivated and have ben feeling nauseaus a lot...and have not been eating as much as I usually do. Also my memory really SUCKS...I have been forgetting things I normally won't forget, and it is really getting annoying...mainly my shirt term memory. I have read that these are part of the side effects of the medication, and I hope it wears off. Has anyone else had major effects of their memory due to meds? It is SOOOOOO annoying. I hope it weras off my the time the teacher strike ends and I go back to school...in fact i hope it ends soon! Plus because my ankle doesn't work right I can't run///I limp if I run.....things are going not all that great right now...but I know things will get better. But last night I talked to 2 of my little cousins on the phone, and that made me feeel really good. One of them was a big inspiration for my first book which I competed in January this year, and have sent of to 7 publishers so far. When I told her this she was so excited...she is one of the main characters too...and it really made me feel good. I am very determined to get it published and when it does you all will know. I just need to start back on my second book, which I have been working on simultaneously...but have not worked on for a couple of months. I would be great to become a famous author.....and I know if I did make money from my writing I would dontate some to research on panic and anxiety. Oh yeh...I have also entered a writing contest...I entered one short story and an academic essay. Wish me luck!!!
    I am so glad I am not on Paxil anymore...my side effects are less...but I still get them off and on....what is most annoying is my memory. When I was at the drug store the pharmacist told me I should not take ginseng or gingo biloba with effexor...and I have been taking ginseng for the pst month....but I want to take something natural that will help with my memory...I can really tell my meds have been affecting it and it is really really really annoying and I don't want it to interfere with my school work. Anyways....just had to talk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information