Hi all,

Well.. I'm here again and without sleep for the past week or so. Can't eat and feel physically sick all the time.
And as silly as this sounds I have no real reason to feel this way, I'm in the process of buying a house with my partner, everything seems to be going well..
contracts are even signed, formal mortgage offer received and all's well.. on track.

But I can't help but be absolutely sick with worry that somehow something terrible can happen and we can end up homeless? (we've handed our notice in at the current place we're renting and we have to move out in 4 weeks, and the house we're buying is complete and ready to move into in 3 weeks time. The survey and searches all came back perfect, the mortgage has not just been "pre-approved" it's actually fully OFFERED.

so, why am I feeling so so scared :'( we've spent so much money on the solicitors fees, the deposit... conveyancing etc etc. it's sooo expensive and I guess I'm perhaps just so scared that we'll lose all of that?

but surely that's it now? like, once a formal legally binding offer has been presented to the solicitor (which he MUST have before doing any searches) I should just chill out.

Has anybody else faced such an extreme amount of anxiety/worry/panic over buying their home?

Is it normal to be like this? :(

I guess I'm just scared that the mortgage company (big, HUG bank!) will pull out and we'll be on the street. We bank with them, all our everything is with them.. does this work in our favor? I've been on stupid forums like money saving expert and read like 2 horror stories about this happening to someone before, so now I'm in full panic-mode.

please help :'( ...do they do further credit checks, even after it's all approved? basically all that's left is for the solicitor to ask the bank to release the funds and we can move in..

sorry to go on so much, I must sound so pathetic. I'm jsut so lost in worry, and I know there are so many other people in the world with far greater worries than myself, but I can't help but feel this right now.

many thanks, and if you have a lot of negative things to say please, please just don't say anything..

x