Thread: Pregnancy and Migraine

Pregnancy and Migraine

Hi everyone,

So I was just about managing my anxiety surrounding my health and being pregnant, and then yesterday had what my doctor now told me was a migraine - I was seeing zigzag lines, then had the most terrible headache.

I've never had migraine before, and am now in a state of anxiety again because migraine is associated with DVT (and I already have a risk factor for that).

Has anyone else had migraines whilst pregnant?

Re: Pregnancy and Migraine

Hey hun!

Sorry to hear you havn't been well. Migraines are sooo common in pregnancy tho. I had a few whoppers round your stage too but thankfully they eased off. Just try drink loads of water, at least two litres a day and try not to worry about it as the anxiety will only make it worse. It's to do with the increase of hormones...nothing to worry about honestly

Take it easy and hope that you feel better soon x

Thanks, Shortcake. They say they are common but I don't know anyone whose had one. So now I do, which makes me feel a lot better. Am trying not to be anxious, but is easier said than done for me right now! How are you doing?

I'm doing ok thanks, tired these days and finding I get more out of breath or my heart going faster if I'm doing things and I've been getting anxious about that which only makes it worse :( But am trying to just take it easy and stay positive. I'm back at work on Tues after being off for the summer (I'm a teacher) and I dunno how I'll cope...not looking forward to it :(

How are you doing Genie? Hope the migraines have settled x

Headache is ok, so fingers crossed it was a one off... But morning sickness horrific (and at 14 weeks!!).

I'm a lecturer and due back tomorrow, so I know EXACTLY how you feel about the end of the summer break. Let me know how it goes.

Genie

Well back at work and feel like I could sleep for a week!!! It was grand , bit anxious this morning but it wasnt too bad. Just the heat is quite bad in the class so gonna get myself a fan as it doesnt help the situation!
    Glad to hear the headache is ok, plenty of water will help . Hope you get on well tomorrow and take it easy too. Do they know you're pregnant?

Thread Information