Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eptopic Beats..im sorry please help..xxxxx

Thanx for that, its does help when you have that reasurrance shame it dosnt actually register in our minds huh.
    Ive had enuff i'm at the end of my teather,im so scared all the time, think im gonna have a heart attack coz my cholesterol level is 5.8... the eptopic beats are so so nasty and i have them on and of and on and off all day-sometimes one after the other..i want it all to leave and right now.
    Im going to be brave in a minute and go and listen to my calming cd's and see what happens there, gotta try something ..coz i cant stand it.
    Cant beelive the doctor nevere gave me proper medication, he should of, as im in a poper mental statelol, but true..

How u doing love anyway , forgive me for rambling

ashley x

Hi Ashley,
    You're not rambling lol!!! My doc didn't give me any medication until last year and that was grudgingly cus I kept bugging him. I haven't taken them since June, which is when I fell pregnant, but started taking them again yesterday and I do feel calmer, however, I still had some ectopics yesterday and last night I woke up with them again and they lasted for 15 minutes. I'm like you, I want them to go and never come back.

Got to go to work now, but will chat to you later. Hope you have a better day today.
    Take care,
    Love, Linda.x

Hi Ashley

I do know how you feel i'm still havin these horrid ectopics when i get one that i really feel it does worry me and i come over all weird like an anxious feeling and then when the ectopic goes that feeling goes too.

I had one today and it scared me the little ones also still scare me but this one really did.

linda x

I tell ya im the queen of eptopic beats i reakon there nasty mate, i can have lots of little ones throughout the day and then nasty big ones that roll one after the other, and that can go on all day...however touch wood today ive only had 5/6 little ones, hope i havnt jinxed myself.
    Anyway just an undate for people to have alisten to, i went to the docs and he has put me on beta blockers , but im scared to take them everyone,i have a big fear about taking tablets... can anyone relate to that--- looked at the side effects and it said slow pulse rate, well that kicked me of into one and they are sitting on the side, what can i do.
    He didnt want to give me any anti-depressants until i have tried these for ten days... im scared ..has anyone took these.
    Also just to wory me even more my blood pressure was a little high to, can anyone relate to that, he said its because of stress...jesus im sure this stress is gonna kill me.
    I cant take it...one min i feel hypo, then i feel completly oppsite and feel slow, i feel so so weak and tired and i keep telling myself OH THATS BECAUSE I HAVE HEART TROUBLE, IM DYING SLOWLY I SAY TO MYSELF,jesus im going round the bend,
    i think i may of mentioned that he put me on diazipan the other day , but told me tostop taking them for a bit and try the beta blockers, now im freaking coz the diazipan take the slight edge of me, slight anyway ..
    oh what can i do.. im tired and weak and just wanna cry so much ..wish you were all here with me.. im solonley even though you all are going through the same thing as me, i am the only person in this body ..im so scared everyone..all i think of is doom and gloom and i feel like im dying
    What will these beta -blockers do,is it dangerous to take them and has anyone had side effects..oh f*****g hell man.. godf please help .

ashley xxxx

Hi Ashley,
    I was prescribed Beta Blockers last year, but only cus I kept on bugging my doc, he was really hesitant about giving them to me and only gave in to give me peace of mind. A month later I became pregnant so had to stop taking them, but because I have feeling so bad lately I started taking them again. I feel much calmer (I'm on Propranalol, which can also be used for anxiety) and haven't had as many ectopics although I still do get them and last night I had another attack after I woke up. These I find scary, because they never used to be like that.

If I were you, I'd give the beta blockers a go. Everything has side effects but he wouldn't have given them to you unless he was sure.

Hope this helps.
    Take care,
    Linda.x

oh god , im going round in circles, ive read up on what peeps have said on this site and it ant good , when it comes to beta-blockers i read that it makes ya heart rate go slow
    I just dont think i should take them, in the very very beginnning i freaked out coz my heart rate was going slow and i was getting chest pain, thats what started me of...gods knows what that ever was anyway... does anyone here suffer from that, anyway thats what started me.

Think i would rather keep taking the dizipan and also get themto put me on anti-depressants... im so upset i could break down and cry ,i think i should be in a funky farm(mental insitute) muxh more of this i will admit myself.

ash

xx

ash x

Hi Ashley,
    Try to calm down. I'm not sure what other people have said about beta blockers but I really do think you should try them if your doc has prescribed them for you. Maybe Meg could give you some advice about them, but I'm sure there are lots of people on this site who have/are taking them.

Like I said before, no medication is without side effects, including your diazepam and anti-depressants. I have never taken either of them and believe me, with the things that have happened to me, I could defo have cracked up by now, its just the ectopics that get the better of me most of the time.
    I'm here if you need to talk.
    Linda.x

Right Ashley, I don't know what you've read but what I can tell you is that I've been down the same route as you.
    I got myself in a right state over it all.
    First point, you won't go mad. It's a completely different kettle of fish so pu that one to bed straight away. It just doesn't happen.
    Secondly, I was put on Betablockers (Atenolol) and I didn't really want to take them but I did. They slow your heart rate down a bit and seem to generally regulate it a bit. I made the mistake of reading the side effects leaflet as all health anxiety sufferers are prone to do!! Ignore them. Millions of people take them with no problem. Likelyhood is you are on a low dose anyway. Betablockers don't stop the anxiety. If you keep thrashing yourself you can still have panics etc on them. I continued to get chest and arm pains but it was because I was worrying about taking the betablockers!! If you decide to stop them you must come of them under supervision. Don't just stop. They may make you a bit sluggish depending on the dose.

What you need to deal with while on them is YOUR THOUGHTS. Remember, a thought is a thing. Thoughts lead to bodily feelings which lead to behaviour patterns. Break the thought cycle and try and get your thoughts onto something else. Easy said I know, but take the time to try and read Claire Weekes etc and learn about the mechanisms of how your body reacts to your thoughts.

You can turn it round and be ok.

Cheers,
    Trev

Thats good advice Trev and I'll try and take it too. I still can't get my head round how our thoughts can cause all of our symptoms, especially the ectopic heartbeats!

Thanks for the advice.
    Linda.

His a good lad is our trev heheh xxxxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information