Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Headache

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Headache

I've had a headache for a few days and keep worrying. It's tense at both ends and I can feel the veins pulsating and my head feels crushed, tight, squeezed.

I feel like I am on a boat sea sick with this horrible head tension...like a constant headache and I'm worried it's serious?

Anybody else had this?
    Last edited by phil06; 03-09-10 at 19:54.

Re: Headache

Hi Phil

I thought you had headaches for a while now?

Sounds like a tension headache to me though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi Phil

I thought you had headaches for a while now?
    Yes it's been quite bad the last few months again. I took paracetamol last night but it never helped much.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Also found this:

Understanding your headache triggers can help you avoid situations that cause your headaches. A headache diary can help you identify your headache triggers. When you get a headache, write down the day and time the pain began. The diary should include notes about what you ate and drank in the last 24 hours, how much you slept and when, and what was going on in your life immediately before the pain started. For example, were you under any unusual stress? Also include information about how long the headache lasted, and what made it stop.

Hot or cold showers or baths may relieve a headache for some people. You may need to make lifestyle changes if you have chronic tension headaches. This may include changing your sleep habits (usually to get more sleep), increasing exercise, and stretching the neck and back muscles. In some situations, you may need to change your job or recreational habits.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Could be tension-related Phil but tension headaches don't usually "pulsate". Could be migraine-type headaches set off by stress/anxiety. Important thing is not to let it worry you even more because that will make it worse for sure.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by Melancholia77 View Post
    Could be tension-related Phil but tension headaches don't usually "pulsate". Could be migraine-type headaches set off by stress/anxiety. Important thing is not to let it worry you even more because that will make it worse for sure.
    Thanks. No I mean the veins on my head pulsate...

Maybe it is tension.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Well, tension can cause tension headaches and migraines, so I reckon the important thing is to concentrate on your stress levels Phil. Do you exercise at all? Even going for a long walk helps to de-stress sometimes. It acts as a distraction and a release of pent up energy. Try it and I'm sure you'll feel the difference. Take care mate.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Does anybody know how to stop these headaches properly? Every Time I worry about my symptoms the veins just pulse up and I'm sitting with a sore head and sometimes paracetamol doesn't even help.

I noticed that putting my hands on the side of my head makes the symptoms worse. It's got worse too as I can feel the tension to my draw, right upto my ear and any panic attack seems to come with these pulsing head veins

I had had headaches for days now..im putting it down to not eating and being sick all the time. Not enough fluids,,im trying so hard as my best friend has a brain tumer,,she never got a headache,,she thought it was a stroke,,headaches can be caused for lots of reasons,,stress etc,,take care x

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information