Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Headache

Re: Headache

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry, Phil, that sounds like a huge pain. I'm not surprised you're getting headaches!
    I am hoping the headaches go away but I’ve not been given a rota with new times yet so maybe I am still worried. I realise things change but sucks when it’s not a positive change.

Facial tension, jaw /tooth clenching are probably the cause Phil. Sit with your hands around the side of your face, covering as much as you can from your forehead, down the sides to your lower jaw - your face tense your face by clenching your jaw, you can feel so many muscles tighten everywhere, and if that is prolonged then a headache results.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I am hoping the headaches go away but I’ve not been given a rota with new times yet so maybe I am still worried. I realise things change but sucks when it’s not a positive change.
    Maybe ask for the rota and then you will see what hours you have been asked to do and are not speculating? If he insists on 9pm finishes and this is not in your contracted hours could you talk about this with HR?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe ask for the rota and then you will see what hours you have been asked to do and are not speculating? If he insists on 9pm finishes and this is not in your contracted hours could you talk about this with HR?
    I got a rota only one 9pm so that’s good news. I’ve been ok at work no headaches but like when I come home I feel head pressure why would this be? Why has this become my main symptom now? It seems to me when I think about it long and hard and be like “do I feel head tension” I hoped once the rota arrived I would feel more relaxed. I do feel a little tension as I am saving money right now and scared to spend it due to lockdown habits maybe this is adding extra pressure? I worry about the future too. Seemingly uk no longer in a pandemic so maybe I can relax more?

If you think long and hard about anything it will become more important and prominent so you'll notice any perceived sensation more.

I think you can allow yourself to relax a bit more now and make the most of the better news re Covid and also the relaxed restrictions in Scotland. Don't ruminate about the future. Media speculation isn't fact.

Glad the work situation is a bit more settled for you.

Seemingly uk no longer in a pandemic so maybe I can relax more?
    ....a bit of credit for those 95 % in the 50 plus age group who have been vaccinated and instrumental in that fact ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    ....a bit of credit for those 95 % in the 50 plus age group who have been vaccinated and instrumental in that fact ?
    Yes that’s good news

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If you think long and hard about anything it will become more important and prominent so you'll notice any perceived sensation more.

I think you can allow yourself to relax a bit more now and make the most of the better news re Covid and also the relaxed restrictions in Scotland. Don't ruminate about the future. Media speculation isn't fact.

Glad the work situation is a bit more settled for you.
    I can relax more Israel seems to be better now. Things are opening I mean there is still the worry about needing tested often but hopefully that doesn’t come to much? If things improve hopefully won’t be needing tested too often.

Back to the headache it has felt tense all is that normal? Seemingly if it was an any issue it would get worse but it’s just a mild tension across my head. It is worrying me as that’s my main symptom. I’m not sure if I should be trying relaxation or cutting out the fizzy drinks to try and get rid of the symptom?

I never noticed the headache too much last night seemed to go away as I was busy but today it feels a tight band round my head mostly tension at the front. Often I don’t feel anxious but still feel this symptom? How long might it last? Maybe be I will have the symptom forever?

Can’t put my finger on why people say try relaxation sometimes that does nothing. At work I tend to notice it much less but sometimes feel it mild. Like a tight band. How long might it last? I can’t find a trigger? Last night I was keeping busy looking at hotels never had it today I’m sort of waiting to start work and feel it?
    Last edited by phil06; 26-04-21 at 13:23.

When you're busy and occupied you don't remember or have time to body scan.

How long will you have a sporadic tension headache? There's no definite answer but I suspect you will move on to other worries very soon now that lockdown is easing in Scotland.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information