Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hodophobia

hodophobia

i have developed a sighnificant fear of traveling over time
    now i wont wander mor than an hour awy from my home.
    I have been invited by my girlfriend to see a concert, the tickets where my birthday present th e concert is 5 hours away. I dont know what to do!

if ya need to just say ''i cant do it, im scared!!!', it was a lovely day last summer and my dad wanted me to go down to the beach with him and my bro but i said 'no' coz of a back prob.

what band are ya gonna see?

jade

im going to see dave matthews
    if i dont go then i feel like i am letting this fear controll my life, i cant let that happen anymore so im just gonna grit and bear it. besides, im 21 years old, my back is fine.

my girls would bite your hand off,to see DMB,but i can see your problem...your obviously not ready for such a long journey,so be honest with her,explain how you feel..use it as a test of your relationship..if she really cares about you,she will be understanding...but its not easy for people who dont suffer,to really understand how your suffering.

wish you well......bryan.

I'd bite your hands off too for DMB tickets!

I'm suffering from the same problem, (as everyone on the forum has heard me moan about it.)
    I think you have to explain to your girlfriend what is going on.
    If you feel unable to go, then you are unable to go and that is that.
    Maybe it is time to start at the begining again and take little steps.
    Go away from your house for as long as you are able, and keep doing it until you are able to go further away from home. I'm not saying it will happen over night, but in time you will be able to face making longer journeys.

Sometimes gritting your teeth and getting on with things is the best thing you can do.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

im fine travling long journies (longest traveled 4000 miles, greece) its just if i go to a totally different place i hadnt been before like sleepin over somewhere iv never been.

dc- try leaving the house for 5 minutes then come home, then 7 minutes, then 10, then 15 etc. It may help, dout it

jade

Hi dcaroon

My biggest problem is driving and being away from home. I went away last year on a course and it was a 4 1/4 hour drive and I did feel a bit anxious being away from home for a week but I did it.

Can you not break it down into smaller steps and make a holiday of it. I.E. drive 2 1/2 hours and then stay over for the night in a hotel. Then do the rest the next day.

It will make it less stressful and make a bit of a holiday out of it.

Let us know what you decide.

Nicola

quote:Originally posted by jade

im fine travling long journies (longest traveled 4000 miles, greece) its just if i go to a totally different place i hadnt been before like sleepin over somewhere iv never been.
    Jade - bless you but Greece is probably not that far away - 1000 miles maybe. Where did you go? I have been to Corfu and Rhodes.

Nicola

me too nic, ive beent to crete, rhodes, zante, corfu, santorini(day trip) and zakinthos (day trip also)

i thought it was 4000, i donno, felt like it in the plane, lol

jade

Wow Jade

You are a very lucky girl to get all those holidays

Nicola

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information