Thread: Lipomas? Something else? Does anybody else have this?

Lipomas? Something else? Does anybody else have this?

Hi All, hope you are well. I've been really focusing on lumps and bumps lately, I have a horrible sinus infection that has caused swollen lymph nodes all over. While poking and prodding these, for some reason I was feeling my stomach one day and noticed that if I suck it in a lot (I'm pretty thin to begin with), I can feel tons and tons of small pea shaped soft nodules, bumps, under the skin. They feel sorta flat, very soft, and are all over. I also have them in my inner thighs. Dr google (bad, I know), has diagnosed them as lipomas, but I couldn't seem to find anywhere people saying they had them ALL over their lower tummy.

My husband, such a sweetie, has let me poke and prod him and he has them too, in the same places, just not quite as many.

Of course now I think it's horrible that I have so many and they are probably all in my inner organs just getting ready to cause organ failure.

Can somebody put my mind at ease and see if they have these too? They are easiest felt if you suck your tummy in, and then with two fingers push straight in and you can feel them rolling around. You can't see them (at least I can't) and they range in size (about the size of a pea, though).

Thank you all for your support, Nanerpus

Re: Lipomas? Something else? Does anybody else have this?

These sound like normal fat cells.If you have watched any kind of tummy operation on the tv when they lift the skin of the belly up you see the yellow fat is just a load of pea size lumps!

The reason you have more than you husband is because you are a woman and we just have more fat cells compared to men!

Ihave them too and even bigger ones just at the bottom on the inside of my groins. I thought they were lymph nodes but doc said fatty lumps!!!!

Hope this helps x

Indigo, your reply brings me A LOT of relief. I have watched many surgeries on tv, in addition to being a vet tech I see lots of animal tummy surgeries. The fat under the skin looks exactly like you described, and it totally makes sense - but being so anxious and paranoid of course I can't take the easiest, most like answer! I can't tell you how much better I feel from your post. Thank you!!!! Nanerpus

I have felt these too, and I am also thin so it is easy to feel EVERYTHING. :-).
    I figure they are like others say.....little fat stuff.
    I

Thread Information