Thread: Rectum mucus

Rectum mucus

Gross subject I know I've been so good lately with my health anxiety too but now find I'm panicing again

In July I noticed some brown rectal mucus with what I thought was with a very very light pink bit in it too. I went to the doctor and she didn't seem overly concerned saying the mucus isn't always clear and not to worry, however if it happens again then to go back.

Well yesterday I think I noticed it again so have made an appointment for Friday. Of course I've googled and worried about colon cancer etc.

I had a CT scan and colonoscopy 10 months ago due to stomach pains and all was normal. I'm hoping that this will mean it's not too serious?

Do you think I have anything to worry about?

Re: Rectum mucus

A lot of people on the HA boards have IBS and I've read you can pass mucas in your stools with that. I'm sure it's nothing serious if you've been docs and had those tests before, maybe check some of the threads here on IBS and see if you can relate? Might put your mind at ease til the doctors, I'm sure your fine. xx

i have had brown mucus in the past and i have ibs i posted about this last month i had a clear colonoscopy over 2 years ago i read that the mucus can sometimes be the same colour as your stool did you notice the mucus was the same colour as your stool im sure your fine x

Thanks guys. Mucus is brownish in colour with just a faint tinge of pink (i think). It's not all brown/pink in colour, just a little bit "may" have had the pink tinge. - I know I sound vague but that's how difficult it is to tell about the pink.

Def not blood red or any red in my stools so hopefully that's reassuring.

I've had a quick scout through the forums so hopefully it's all ok. If it's not one thing, it's another isn't it........

ive also had pinky mucus but was told that was internal piles so dont worry and DONT GOOGLE x

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    DONT GOOGLE x
    tell me about it. It's the worse addiction in the world.

However glad I posted here as am feeling much better about it. I know mucus seems very problem from the search, it was only the slight pink hint that concerned me but if you've had it then I feel a bit better. Thanks.

yes i have had it i have been obsessed with my bowels and its output lol for ages my dr says dont look down the toilet and dont look at the tissue because it only feeds your anxiety because if there was anything wrong eg bowel cancer you wouldnt have to search for your symptoms eg looking down toilet or tissue it would be very obvious i no its easier said than done im still having trouble but we must try post me anytime also i have the pain on my left side like you discribed i was told it was my ibs but my friend gets her pain on the right side like you have hope this helps x jayne

I'm sure this is what I experienced a week or so ago... also freaking out it might be bowel cancer :(

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    dr says dont look down the toilet and dont look at the tissue because it only feeds your anxiety because if there was anything wrong eg bowel cancer you wouldnt have to search for your symptoms eg looking down toilet or tissue it would be very obvious
    ^^^^ that right there

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If there was just one thing on this forum I would really like people to stop doing , it's examining toilet contents, it's your body's waste product. It ain't pretty, it pongs unpleasant, sometimes it has odd ingredients blah blah.
    When you think about it, it's a pretty remarkable sewage removing system, so be grateful for it.
    Bowels rock

Thread Information