Thread: Difficulty Breathing

Difficulty Breathing

Hi,
    Today I was a little hungover from drinking last night, and when I took the bus downtown it began to feel like it was hard to breathe. I have associated this with anxiety before, but it hasn't lasted this long before (several hours).
    It feels sometimes as though I can't fully exhale, and that there is something blocking me from fully inhaling. It also feels like there is a bit of pressure on my chest.
    Has anybody had this and could it be due to anxiety?
    Thanks

Re: Difficulty Breathing

Hi

The feeling I get when hungover is so like the feeling I get when I start to have a panic attack that I have had to stop having a hangovers at all! I also think that alcohol makes me feel low afterwards anyway so I am keeping my intake to a minimum since although i like to go out and have some drinks, I dislke the feeling the next day more!

Hi, I don't need to tell you that the morning after the night before is always rubbish! The breathing thing sounds like anxiety. It's your chest muscles tensing up and then we panic and think it's our lungs. It'll pass when you relax a bit.

hi monkey i have had a lot of breathlessness tday and its lasted all day the nurse told me my lungs wre ok and i did a peak flow reading which was good but i still feel the sensation of breathlessness like i cant get enough air so i asume its part of the anx but still very scary and unsettling when u feel like this for hrs

Hello monkey. That has been one of my main anxiety symptoms for a few years now. Ive had that. It scares the living daylights out of me. Ive also had 'forgetting how to breathe' and that gets me in a right hot sweat :/
    I often feel like theres something 'in the way'.. there isnt really. Its just a feeling. I also get it when I feel like I cant breathe in as much as I need to.
    The best advice in the world I can give to ANYONE who had ANY breathing worries is. STOP. Breathe normally for 5 minutes. And your breathing will be back to normal. I can assure you. xxxxx

thats good kate i will try that it scares the life out of me to especially when i feel the sensations of being breathless and doin the breathin exercise to but it doesnt help the feelings for me scares hell out of me

Thread Information