Thread: IBS vs appendicitis?

IBS vs appendicitis?

I have had this pain that comes and goes for the last week or so. Its in the right side lower abdomen, sometimes it feels like burning, something like a pin prick and it different areas but always in lower right abdomen (hope that makes sense).

I googled (i know...) and am now really scared, i heard there are 2 types, chronic and acute :(

It also feels like there is a golf ball down there, i mean i cant actually feel any difference in size but it just 'feels' like there is.

Could this just be IBS or possibly something else? :(

Anyone else with IBS get shooting pains in the right and sometimes left lower abdomen?

Re: IBS vs appendicitis?

Yep.. I can relate ..

I had exactly the same pains in the same spot for a couple of days and read a post about appendicitis and I panicked

worrying like crazy ..i rushed to my doctors worrying it must be appendicitis ..he smiled at me and said you wouldnt have got down here and been able to sit down .. because the pain would be immense..

anyway after a chat .. he felt my stomach and said it was muscle related and would dissapear which it has.. i still had it for a week or so and did worry me ..

appendicitus would make you feel absolutly terrible ! sickness .. usually would come on suddenley or within 48 hours of the pain..

trust me .. we sit down .. bend forward and backwards... we are bound to get muscular issues.. ibs can replicate this aslo .. and i aslo think i have slight ibs !!!

dont worry fella ..

keep your chin up

Adam

Re: IBS vs appendicitis?

hey, yeah definately IBS related! i get this all the time, its scary at first but now that i know it's IBS it just makes me feel annoyed! appendicitis is terrible to have, i asked my doctor what it felt like because i had this worry aswell, he said i'd be very ill and in excruciating pain.
    take care x

Thread Information