Thread: Worrying replacing day to day thoughts

Worrying replacing day to day thoughts

Hi I just wondered if anyone worries about being ill so much they actually don't feel well?
    Also worrying so much that you literally don't think about anything else and every day is a nightmare...
    If anyone has been through this and got through it can you offer some advice please because it's been years now and I don't have a life. I'm hoping this wont last forever!!

Re: Worrying replacing day to day thoughts

I know how you feel and can relate to that. I am not sure what works but I find having less sleep making me more tired which then most of the time makes my mind race less.

When I lived at my previous address I had 6 hours sleep per night, I felt a lot more tired after waking for a couple of hours but then after that I felt relaxed. Since moving into my new address I have slept for 9 hours sometimes and like clockwork my thoughts race and I become more anxious which makes my mind race even more.

Re: Worrying replacing day to day thoughts

I have never had a day that I can remember where I haven't been worrying about a symptom. Even if its a symptom that I have had on and off for 10 years I still worry that this time the pain is not going to go away like it has in the past for example.
    This is normal in someone with health anxiety as any symptom painful or not will trigger our worry brain.
    Sometimes posting on her about a symptom/pain will result in loads of people all saying oh I get that and you feel much better knowing its not just you!

Thread Information