Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there really hope

Is there really hope

can any one tell me if there is more succsess stories of people over coming anxiety as i feel that i will always will be like this , and just want a glimmer of hope that there is more people out there that have got over it

Re: Is there really hope

Hi tricia56,

Dunno... but I do know that people tend to talk more about the bad times than the good, so ‘no news is good news’, as they say

I was here several years ago and drifted away for various reasons, and have recently drifted back for various other reasons. I can say that nobody I used to know here seems to be a regular on here anymore. Does that answer your question?

Take care,
    Nigel

I have a panic disorder (I'm 56 years old). I had one when I was in my 20's. Was on a tranquilizer for quite awhile, but after many months, worked through it. I have to say, except for some anxiety on and off, I did quite well for over 30 years. Last Fall I had some stressful times (my counselor says it was an accumulation of anxiety/stress over a couple of years), and the panic attacks came back. I do know you can work through this and be happy.

People do get better,we all know that feeling of will it ever end the and the answer is many peope recover from it,i have a friend who has made a remarkable recovery and my son has also made a great recovery and is nearly medication free after being a complete mess & spending 2months in hospital last year his anxiety and panic attacks have virtualy vanished ,
    try to stay strong you can recover

Theres ALWAYS hope...x you will feel better reading some of the success stories on here x

Hello Tricia

I agree it varies but have to say so far for me since joining here i think yes there is definitely hope!

Just a week ago i joined and then was feeling totally incapable of retrurning to university (now in 2 weeks) and on the verge of selling my car and quitting my part time job because of panic attacks,severe travel phobia and various anxiety disorders & phobias.

Due to the help from members i have driven alone every day these past 4 days, done a journey a thought was impossible (almost 2 hours including getting stuck on a dual cariageway by taking a wrong turn- one of my worst nightmares!) AND been to my workplace (two 3 hour bus journeys).

Its been hard and exhausting but its paying off I'm sure it will be up and down with many downs but i *am* hopeful now and last week i wasnt.

Give it time, try to believe in yourself. If i can make these changes so can you And as the othrs sugested the success stories are the best way to begin .. they were what heped me belive it could work

I also started by searching the help sections here and posted a request for advice of where to begin on the first problem i felt ready to tackle. That way i found members who share my problems (and alot who have overcome them who are kindly offring much useful advice on how they did it

Really hope this helps... please dont be scared to ask for support, even if its just for distraction from the thoughts.

Warm wishes,

~ glowly ~ x

glowy well done on your recent successes.....tricia..keep going my love x

Although I'm in a pretty bad place now there certainly is hope!

6.5 years ago I was agoraphobic and hadn't left the house for 6 months other than to see my GP. I started on citalopram and ended up not only leaving the house but moving 400 miles away and being happy!

I stopped meds and was fine for a couple of years and it's only recent stresses that have caused the increase. Despite this I know there is hope and I do believe (deep down) there's a way through this

I have had a traumatic series of events for the past 3 years, all chipping away at my mental peace. I then had to have many medical tests and scans which pushed me into anxiety, pulse over 100bpm for 2 months.
    I now have meds and it's getting better.

Paula Lynne,

Thankyou so much Hope you are having a clamer day

Jflower, so sorry to hear you are feeling rough again :( but you are right, you have done it before and *can* do it again We are all rooting for you!

Hazel, sounds like a horrible time, really glad things are starting to turn around for you Keep us posted! x

Warmly,

~glowly~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information