Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emetophobia hell... :(

Emetophobia hell... :(

Im having a right hell-ish time with my emetophobia right now... I feel so so sick, I am trying to tell myself its all in my head but the symptoms are so real!!!

It started when i had eaten some cooked chicken a couple of hours ago... i thought to myself before i ate this 'what if this makes me feel sick... it is chicken afterall! What if its not been kept the right temperate, cooked right etc etc etc' ...... So this was in my head before id even eaten it!

I told myself not to be silly and ate it....... regretting that bit now!!

Since then iv felt anxious, and sick!! Im terrified this has made me ill and iv got food poisoning!! To make matters worse, i have to go out in 5 minutes to pick me mum up from train station..... what if im sick whilst im out!!!!!! Im so scared, i really am..

Im trying to keep calm and tell myself its all in my head but i just feel so wound up about this, i just want it to all go away

Any reassurance guys would be greatly appreciated xx

Anyone out there suffering from this..? Do u think il be sick (i know u cant know this so dont even know why iv asked) Im soo wound up, sorry xxx

Re: Emetophobia hell... :(

Hello, lovely. You just sound like your getting yourself in a bit of state about it, thats all. Im sure youl be fine. Feeling sick ISNT pleasant though, and I totally sympathise with you. Sip some nice cold water, and suck mints. They are the best thing for it.
    Hope you feel at ease soon. x x x x

Lightbulb Re: Emetophobia hell... :(

Emetophobia or irrational thinking?

My names Dionne and i'm an expert in irrational thinking.

for example
    You switch off the TV and go to bed, but wait, the wardrobe doors slightly open. 'I'm sure i closed it this morning.' You get into bed and turn out the light. 'What was that?' A noise you've never noticed before ... 'Did i take the key out of the door? I did, ah good, but only after I'd been to the bathroom. What if someone snuck in earlier when i was in the bathroom and was hiding in the wardrobe and now they're .. ? Oh god, where are they? what was that noise? Oh god, they must be under the bed, i want to get up but if i get up they'll grab my leg, oh sh*t, I'm stuck and if i go to sleep they will attack me.' all the time your mind's flashing from one thought to the next, trying to make sense of what's going on, and all of it is complete nonsense ... except of course for your heart racing, the sweats, high blood pressure and the fact that you can't sleep. And although its a very powerful thing, it's NOT even slightly real, it's 'just a thought' - just a scary story that the storyteller in your head is making up, and a perfect example of what we do to ourselves every single day in life ...

Emetophobia the an intense, irrational fear of vomiting, very few people suffer from Emetophobia and it can be, for the individual, very traumatic ... Saying this, you know not everyone fears throwing up ... therefore it cannot be universally scary or in actual fact, traumatic, in any way. It's the thought of actually throwing up that's the problem, if you think you aren't going to be sick and it's not going to make you sick, you wont be sick or feel sick, it's as simple as that.

Thoughts are just thoughts, they aren't real ... become aware of your thoughts and treat them as just thoughts, not as a call to action or a statement of fact or anything other than stories that the little storyteller in your head is making up for you, you don't need to do anything with them except know they're not real.

I've cured many people of phobias and I hope one day you overcome yours.

I hope this helps, I'm in a hurry so it's probably all muddled! xx
    Good Luck!

Hi Silverfilly

aboard.

You say you have cured many people of phobias but I see you are only 18 - how long have you been treating people with phobias for? Do you have any formal training.

Just curious really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for your replies guys - turns out... I was fine!! Just like every other time i get myself into a state

I wasnt ill, i didnt have food poisoning... i probably didnt even feel sick (just in my mind i did)

I went to get my mum from the station - was on the verge of saying no, but i made myself do it... as soon as she got in the car and i told her how stupid my mind was being etc, she talked me out of it just like she does every time

From the moment i spoke to my mum about me thinkin im ill from the chicken etc - the sick feeling went away when i realised how stupid i was being!

Ah well - another wasted hour or so of panic...... really need to get a grip of these or im gona spend my life wasting time!

Thanks again for your posts x

Thumbs down Re: Emetophobia hell... :(

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi Silverfilly

aboard.

You say you have cured many people of phobias but I see you are only 18 - how long have you been treating people with phobias for? Do you have any formal training.

Just curious really.
    Have you heard the expression age is just a number? I'm a life coach, I have been for many years.. Starting as young as fourteen, with my mum. Also, I'd appreciate it if you wait for me to reply rather than send me private messages, be patient.. I'm a very busy YOUNG lady," I'm still in education! Excuse mistakes because I'm using an iPhone

Thanks.

lol life coach at 18, that did give me a chuckle

Now watch the manners young lady, or you will be Life Coaching somewhere else

Silverfilly

If you wish to remain a member of this site then i would appreciate it if you kindly refrain from such sarcastic remarks. It is our job here to filter genuine users from people who are just here to spam business ect.

I will personally take further action if you abuse anyone else in this manner.

Lisa
    NMP Administrator

Just a bit of advice..telling the site owner to wait and be patient is a bit of a daft move!

I think you will find that she is a rather busy lady herself!

Also..no disrespect, age might be more than a number but in 4 years no way have you accumulated enough expertise to be able to say you're an expert.

Ooo dear, im sorry my thread has created abit of an argument

But i do agree with others, sarcastic comments arnt welcome on NMP - its not what anyone comes on here to find.

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information