Thread: campaign

campaign

is it any wonder we think and feel how we do?Endless scare stories in the tabloids adverts on the telly and worse of all wall to wall posters in your gp surgery.For gods sake we dont need a poster to tell us bleeding from your backside could need a trip to your gp...do they think we are that ignorant?my job is a health service courier[i collect your samples]and after going in 25 different surguries my brain was frazzled....so when they ask you what change to make in surgeries tell them RIP DOWN THE POSTERS

Re: campaign

I know what you mean, I had to sit in the doctors surgery on Thursday with my eyes closed cuz I was sat infront of a poster about cervical cancer lol.

The posters and scare stories are kind of a double edged sword for me though. While I hate the fact people dying and getting life threatening diseases are everywhere as it sets me off, they may actually save someones life one day. You'd be suprised how many people dismiss symptoms or put it off, I used to before I got health anxiety. xxx

But there is so much information that peole know.most people go into gps and tell THE GP what their dianosis is ...not their symptoms.doctors hate that

A lot of those people have been googling though which as all of us know makes you think the worst. There was an article in the paper about it a while back that my mum made me look at. Googling symptoms seems to be a nationwide epidemic at the moment! I must admit that the scare stories and posters may set people off to google but still I wouldn't want them ripped down as one day they might even save my life. I have more of a problem with the scare stories in the paper but I just don't read them anymore. xx

Thread Information