Thread: 60mg

60mg

I was upped from 40mg to 60mg a couple of weeks ago due to really bad depression and being suicidal. I felt a bit better for few odd days, but I've been really depressed the past week and have been cutting myself :( I'm not sure whether they are working for me. I first went on Citalopram in 2008, then got upped to 40mg in October 2009. Should I give them a bit longer to kick in?

Thanks for any advice

Re: 60mg

Hi Best thing to do is speak to your gp. Ive just started on citalopram (again) and not feeling the effect yet but they can take a while to kick in. Just remember you felt better for a few days, its a start.Xx

Hi thanks, yeah I've got an appointment next week - bit scared about the idea of going on anything else in case I end up feeling even worse :(

If the citaloprams not working then maybe trying something else is for the best, 60mg is the highest dose. Theres loads of different medications and therapy you can try.Xx

60mg is the maximum dose of Citalopram ,But there is dispute to whether its anymore effective than 40mg .Thats why not many Drs perscribe it .I would definately go and see your Dr if you are continuing to hurt yourself .There are other pills that you could cross taper and hopefully make you feel much better .Take care of yourself things will get better given time .luv Sue x

Thread Information