Thread: Missed beats getting worse

Missed beats getting worse

Hi,

My missed beats seem to be on a bad run at the moment. (Have had them every day since end of March - taking 30mg Propranolol daily).

I usually get them every day for hours at a time - but for the past 5 days they have been nearly all day + most of the night ( until I fall asleep).
    I have also been getting more of the missed beats that are alternate ie:- beat, pause, beat, pause, beat, etc. These always feel worse than the other beats that are missed say every 4th beat or 11th beat etc.
    And they can make me feel a bit breathless aswell.

My question is:- are these alternate missed beats any more harmful to you than the other one's?

Thank you.

Re: Missed beats getting worse

No more harmful...maybe see your doc about your propanalol dose, it may need adjusting? your anxiety has probably made the beats worse, as you are now hyper-vigilant. Try some relaxing techniques. I hope you feel better soon. x

I get these beat pause beat pauses to occasionally and they are awful but it will be made more noticable because of your anxiety..They tend to get worse for me the more i focus on them, i had them really bad lastnight and i could feel myself getting really anxious but somehow i managed to talk myself down and relax until they went...

I know it's easier said than done but try to talk yourself out of worrying over them cos they deffo get worse when you talk yourself into them.x

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

It's nice to hear advice from people who are in the same boat.

Thank you.

I get these all the time! Sometimes I go months without them and then suddenly they come back and are continuous. Been like this for 15 years and I'm just used to them now.

You really need to stop focusing on them, because if you didn't then you wouldn't think anything was wrong with you! And no harm would ever come out of it. Its nothing to worry about because your body is not warning you of anything with pain. If you wre in pain then you should worry, but if its just something you have noticed then you should just try to let it happen. See it as your friend!

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Thread Information