Thread: From 10 to 20mg

Question From 10 to 20mg

I have been on 15mg for just over a week, on the way up to 20 but since increasing even that amount I have had a resurgence in headaches, pressure in ears (occassionally), I feel really low and 'flat'. I struggle to differentiate between what has happened and what I have had dreams about as they are much more real feeling and more frequent horrific nightmares. More palpitations and upset stomach too.

Are these normal symptoms for any increase? I am planning to go up to 20 soon and would just like a little reassurance. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, just going up to 20 but it really is for me. Please let em know any symptoms you have had on increasing your meds.

Re: From 10 to 20mg

i have never increased meds slowly - just started on 20mg but i know that every time i have - i have felt horrific until the side effects have worn off and so yes - i would think it very usual to feel the way that you do - the good thing is is that you should start to level out soon x

Thanks Joannap, I appreciate you responding. Just hoping some more people will respond as well to give me a bit of reassurance.

Hiya Scorpian,
    What medication are you on ??

Citalopram - 15mg at the moment, up to 20 next week

I am not sure about Citalopram. I am on Sertraline 50mg. I know many meds give awful side effects and they do wear off after a while. The side effects I had at first were way too much for me I felt so wierd and couldnt think straight at all, felt sick, tired and the dreams ? omg!
    I decided to reduce the dose to 25mg and increase it very very slowly.
    Maybe you should wait a while to increase the dose babe? Let the side effects settle a bit

Take care ok

Deb x

Have been on 20mg for a week now and feel dizzy, like I can't distinguish between what happens in dreams and in reality, very tired, headaches,...is it normal to have a resurgence of symptoms on increase?

Hi

Did your side effects seem to ease off before you increased them? And are the symptoms you are experiencing now the same as when you started on them? If so, maybe these will also pass in time.

I have been on 10mg for 2 weeks now but I really need to be taking 20mg but am very scared of increasing for fear of feeling any worse than I do now. I have read lots on here and it seems all these side effects are very common. I too have constant dizziness, teeth grinding, muscle aches and twitching and pressure in my ears/head. However not sure if some of these are just down to anxiety getting worse.

I think you need to give the 20mg more than a week, my doctor said it can take 5-6 weeks for them to have any effect and if you can put up with the side effects for a while longer you should start to feel better soon.

Think I may join you and finally increase to 20mg tomorrow. Let me know how you get on

Thread Information