Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: went to asda!!!!

Re: went to asda!!!!

paula...that is just fantastic xxxxxx

Well done, that's a great achievement!

THANK YOU ALL - ITS BECAUSE OF YOU IM TAKING THE CHANCE ON RECOVERY! love you all x

Hi Paula,

Well done you.....you deserve a big pat on the back....keep up the good work!!!

Jo.xx

So happy for you Paula. I'm agoraphoic myself (getting better thank goodness) and it wasn't that long ago that going into a WalMart here in the States was simply not an option. I couldn't even handle a supermarket without having a panic attack, much less a superstore. Now, I can make it into WalMart and keep it together for a little while before the weird sensations begin to kick in - you should see me sprinting through the store with my list, arranged so carefully based on the layout of the store, grabbing things off the shelves as a I go, then making a dash for either the checkout line with the shortest queue or an empty self-checkout kiosk. Sometimes it is almost a game to see how much I can get done before the anxiety threatens to take over.

You're right - it isn't comfortable and it isn't fun - at least not yet - but it is so rewarding to actually make it all the way through without something terrible happening.

Hi Mtatum Thanks for your post x Im like you, its all planned, got my list...those lights are weird thought! And if they re-arrange the store..well!! Confusion, panic..hahah. thanks and nice to meet you x

Hey Mtatum & Paula Lynn!

Welcome to the category of inspirational people
    * bounces*

*Love* stories like these!!!

It shud get less and less scary the more u go & the yuk feelings shud get less as im sure uve been told many times

So please *do* keep us posted, although i dont have agoraphobia i know that it helps so much when other people do what we are currently too afraid of and its the stories such as yours that keep me coming here & have helped me make progress also

So thankyou and one big congratulatory high five!!! x

~glowly~

p.s.. ladybird too xxx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information