Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emetophobia and feeling sick all the time.

Exclamation emetophobia and feeling sick all the time.

just wondering if any other emetophobics feel sick all the time?
    I'm starting to get worried about this.
    I dread eating because i'm scared of having food on my stomach, because this gives me something to throw up!
    When i do eat, I either feel sick after and panic for half an hour till it passes or can't finish my meal.

I'm so tired of it - i'm at my whits end!
    I don't know if this is anxiety related because it all seems to correlate with my anxiety and nerves.
    Lately though its an everyday thing and i'm so tired from having panic attacks and worrying.
    I hate nausea!!!!! I'm never sick from it but i worry that the next time will be "the time!"
    I just feel so low right now because the thought of living my life like this every single day is just horrible!
    I can't do it anymore :(!
    I wish i was afraid of something i could escape!
    Sorry for the rant, just feeling really alone at the moment and so close to giving up on everything! xxx

Re: emetophobia and feeling sick all the time.

Hey,

We've posted on each others threads before, so i know exactly what you're going through! This is a horrible, horrible phobia because like you say.. we cant escape our own stomachs or bodies!!
    I wish i was afraid of planes or something because then id just avoid them and still be able to live my life normally.

I feel sick all the time too - i think its normal with this phobia because we make ourselves feel sick because we fear it so much.
    Every little twinge in my body, i think im going to be sick with it!
    Like for the last couple of days iv had a bad headache.. proabably tension headache but iv been convinced im going to be sick with it... havnt been in work and just stayed in my room! Iv posted on here about it today because i also feel soooo low about it at the moment - i dread to think this is my life, and this is what il have to go through every single day! Its a depressing thought.... but we have to pick ourselves up or its not going to do us any favours.

Im determined to get in work tomorrow, il just take it an hour at a time...

You are doing so well, please try and relax about the nausea because like u said, uv never been sick with it before... so why should u now?!
    Its all in our minds... once you try and relax about it and accept it, it should improve (i need to take note of my advise to you myself lol)

All i can say is try and distract yourself, try not to sit there worrying about it because ul make yourself worse.
    Do something which you enjoy?

I know iv not been much help, but i hope iv reassured you alittle that you are not alone in this.... iv felt that the last couple of days, my parents have been angry that iv not been in work, sayin im letting everyone down etc and i felt so low this morning, but i posted on here and realised im not 'crazy' or 'mental'..... i just struggle with something and everyone on here understands xx

Hey, thanks for replying!

I know what you mean; it would be so much easier in some ways to be scared of spiders or something.

I think because its been the summer holidays and i'm not back at University until the 28th - i've not had to force myself to get up and make the effort to go to lessons so I have been reinforcing my phobia in someways!
    Its driving me mad!

I'm the same as you though - every little thing i feel i think i'm going to be sick with it. And rationally - i know this is stupid because i've never been a sickly person *touch wood*

You have helped ! Its always good to know there is someone who understands! Especially with the constant worry that somethings going to make us sick.

I'm going through the food poisoning worry now! I ate out earlier today and now i'm worried i've picked up salmonella or something! Urgh! Here we go again =/!

Going away to London again for the weekend and i'm determined not to let this stupid phobia spoil it!

Did you manage to go in to work? xxx

You'll be fine in london - have a great time and give emetophobia the two fingers! lol

I doubt very much you've got food poisoning... it is very rare due to the restaurants etc have to have sooooo many rules and regulations to serve food to the public, try not to worry.

Yeah i went to work - still had abit of a headache but getting out and getting my mind off it really helped.. was so glad i made myself go in, i was quietly proud of myself lol considering when i got there everyone was telling me of a bad sickness bug going around and people havin the go home the day before - NOT what i wanted to hear when id just about managed to get through the office door lol but i coped... really well actually, i didnt think about being sick much of the day and just got on with things...

Yeah im sure ul be back in control of it more once your back at uni and doing lessons etc and not sitting around thinking about it constantly..

Are u getting any help for your phobia? xx

when i first realised i had emetaphobia 8 years ago i was exactly the same, i hardly ever ate and i came down with a eating disorder :/ and i was terribly skinny and i never used to get hungry either i always felt sick and crying used to calm me weird enough and i never used to go to sleep till 5:30am every night because i am usually sick early hours of the morning, so i felt safe at this time :/ dont ask why haha xx

things can only get better , chin up xx

I think I might be emetophobic too. I have always been scared of throwing up but in the last few years my anxieties have extended to all illness, no matter how slight. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Laves,

Yeah this is how mine went - iv been emetophobic for about 11 years now, started when i was 11yrs old and in the last year or so this has gone onto all illnesses - i panic like mad if i get ill, even if its just a cold.. i always think im going to be sick.
    I hate the feeling of out of control when it comes to my health because i cant stop myself being ill.. so i freak out at the tinyiest illness x

That's exactly my experience!!

One of the worst parts is that I'm always feeling like I'm coming down with illnesses. I don't know whether this is because anxiety stifles the immune system or because I've become hypersensitive to how my body feels. It's probably a combination of both. It's really hard. For example, I want to go to the gym today but my nose is a little sniffly. I'm frightened that, if I go, I'll get really sick and be stuck at the gym unable to control myself, feeling terrible. I really want to go, I love the gym but I've been scared to go for several days now. Rubbish!! Do you have similar experiences?

hey all u emets out there. i have good news (kinda) i learnt today we feel sick all the time because when we're anxious our body goes into the fight or flight stage and the blood drans away from our digestive sytem to go to places where its needed (muscles etc) to help our body fight or run away (flight). we are not going to be sick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information