Thread: ramipril 5mg

Exclamation ramipril 5mg

hi guys i wrote on here here a couple of weeks ago about how my doc wanted to put me on blood pressure tabs and how i hate taking them well iv been on 1.25mg of ramipril for the last 3 wks or so its gone down a bit but she wants it down to 120/ 80 so shes put me on 5mg now the chemist said they would make me feel dizzy i thought that's all i need to hear just wandered if anyone else had this trouble with 5mg

Re: ramipril 5mg

hi i have been on ramipril for a few year and yes they can make you fel a bit dizzy at first but it doesnt last long dont worry

I am about to increase to 2.5 mg from 1.25 so hoping I don't get any side-effects either

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Exclamation Re: ramipril 5mg

thanks guys Nicola let me know how u get on mate

At least you will know whats causing the dizziness. A friends husband who has bad heart problems was on ramipril although he does not have high blood pressure he was taking them to reduce stress on his heart and he suddenly was terribly dizzy every time he tried to stand up or bend over even a little. After a couple of weeks his wife frog marched him to Drs and asked why he was on blood pressure drugs and Dr took his blood pressure and said its too low and stop ramipril and he has been fine ever since.
    HOpefully you both be fine but good news is you wont be worryign what causing the dizziness

I have been taking Ramipril 10mg for approx a year after requesting a change from Enalapril which made me feel quite unwell.

I haven't had any dizziness to speak of just occasional light-headed feeling which passes almost immediately.

Anyone on meds for hypertension should have their BP checked regularly anyway so if there are problems then they will be sorted out quickly.

I do feel woozy - kind of like I have had too much to drink! It is bearable though but I have only taken them for one day so far so will see how it goes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information