Thread: need advice re: cbt....

need advice re: cbt....

hi my friends...i have had a letter re: my referral for cbt.

i have to call and speak with a member of the administration team....to discuss contact details and discuss specific requirements in terms to appointments.

i am so scared that i am going to say the wrong thing......i dont know wot will be asked....and how to answer....i know there are no trick questions...but i just dont know wot to expect....any help would be oh so appreciate xxxx thank you oh so much xxxxx

Re: need advice re: cbt....

Hi hun, dont worry now...its not a test ok. They will just ask about your personal details, meds you take, and a brief medical history. There really arent any wrong ansers as its personal to you. Remember, its not a test. In fact, saying the wrong thing WOULD BE AN IMPOSSIBILITY as its personal to you. Its OOOOOOO KKKKKKKKK xx

thank you my love.....yep i am just scared that they will think just get a grip xxxxxx

but i know deep down they wont xxxxx

hope you are ok xxxxx

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

If it's a call with admin, I suspect it will just be to find out your address, telephone numbers, which days you can make therapy and which you can't.

Good luck

Dahlia

spot on dahlia...thats exactly wot it was....but this afternoon i received a call from a lady from the centre....and i am now booked in for the 28th september!...how quick is that the administration lady said that it will take several weeks....i feel so lucky and blessed...just hope i dont screw it up xxxxxx

thank you dahlia xxxxx

[QUOTE=calm;710840]i feel so lucky and blessed...just hope i dont screw it up xxxxxx/QUOTE]

Calm - Bet you you didn't screw it up!!

And even if you thought you did, it doesn't mean you really did.

And even if you really did (by some objective measure of "screwed-upness" - So what!!!)

No matter what you think or feel to be true at any moment in time - people in your life love you, are there for you, and accept you.

I'll see your anxious anticipation, and raise you the certainties that I'm sure are true of your life and circumstances!!

Hope these thoughts have a helpful resonance for you...

MB

thank you so much mb for your post...have my 2nd appointment next tuesday to see what or if they can help.....the lady dawn that i was with needs to speak with her supervisor!.....fingers x for next tuesday xxxxxxx

In CBT most of the questions (after taking your case history) will be about what you are thinking in the lead up to your anxiety provoking situation (whether it is social anxiety or panic disorder etc)

They will give you thought record cards to fill in which makes this easier.

Anxiety attacks are caused by the way people think. Learning to recognise these negative thoughts and counter them with more balanced thoughts helps reduce anxiety.

That is the basics of CBT.

Don't worry about impressing the therapist. He/she will have seen all sorts of people with all sorts of disorders. Most people in this industry are sympathetic and non judgemental.

Martin...thank you so much for your message....greatly appreciated xxxxxx

Thread Information