Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OCD, scared of thoughts coming true or just coincidences???

Re: OCD, scared of thoughts coming true or just coincidences???

yes... I haveto put my faith in realizing what you say is true!

Any wise.. .quotes related to solving magical thinking?.. .Anyone?.. .

I have the same problem and don't know what to do. Reading your post has made me realise I'm not alone even though I feel crazy
    i feel like a lot of things in my life have happened because of how ive thought

Amgi

This really has struck a chord with me. I do this exact thing except my ritual is 'if I worry about this then it won't happen' therefor if I don't worry about it it will come true. This only fuels my thoughts and its one vicious circle!!

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

I even think sometimes that I am psychic. Like you I have specific thoughts and they happen. And it freaks me out, do you get much deja vu?? Your really have hit the nail on the head with me and to know that there is somebody there with exactly same thing is a relief! Thanks for this. We should talk some about this!

It may be hard to believe but I too have went through the same thing! For me it is even more extreme!I was supposed to go to Israel this December on a birthright trip and I had a feeling that because I am so unlucky and because I didn't do enough rituals that my trip to Israel was going to be cancelled even though I paid money for it.

I paid $250 for the trip. I told my friends and family that if I don't do the rituals that they are telling me not to do that the 7 negative predictions will happen that I predicted, including me not going to Israel.

Here are the 7 negative predictions that I made; 1, I will not go to Israel 2, I will not get any major snow storms in New York City for the rest of the winter. 3 I will not get the Greenpeace job that I always wanted to get for the last several months. 3, my parents will not take me to Florida or the Dominican Republic on one or both of the trips. 4, I will have a horrible time at home during spring break walmart parents get to go to the dominican repBostf. 5, I will loan my best friend $100 and I won't get one penny back. 6, I want get the meteorology job which I was promised to get by my job developer. and 7, I will fail my math test even though I practice non-stop for it and everyone else that I was going to pass.

the weird thing is that none of these negative predictions were supposed to happen with the exception of me not passing my math class since I didn't have much faith anyway. My parents promised to take me to Florida in February, they also promised to take me on any trip that they will go on however I claim that because I didn't do my ritual that they were not going to take me on any of the trips and that they were just lying to me and making a fool out of me.I was so sure my predictions that every time I made a prediction I swear to God and I bang my fist over my chest, I only bang my fists on my chest when I'm a hundred percent sure that the prediction will happen. after I wrote down my predictions I waited my first prediction which was for me not to go to israel and my parents told me to pack for the trip that I was supposed to go in with the group for kids with autism and I told my mom I refuse to pack because I'm 100 percent sure that I'm not going because I did my rituals. then the next day, which was about 5 days before my trip I decided to call the company that was supposed to take me because I was so sure they were not going to take me so I called to make sure that I was still going on the trip in that I wasn't going to pack needlessly. and to everyone's surprise but my own they told me that I am NOT going because there is not enough room on the trip and then my mom told me that's what I get for being so negative. I had a complete meltdown and I fell into depressive state for several weeks. then I showed my mom all of the negative predictions that I made and that I and that I expected all of them to come true. my mom promised to take me to Florida or on any trip that she goes on in February or in the spring or in the summer and I told my mom that she's obviously lying and I don't trust her because I was that sure the predictions were going to happen. within the next several weeks a majority of my negative predictions came true which included my friend stealing the money I loaned him
    and all the snowstorms missing New York City and heading to Boston, and that is February approached I expected my mom not to take me on the trip to Florida. then my mom told me that she wasn't going and that we will go in April instead. then in February during presidents week I found out that my mom behind my back went with the rest of the family to the Miami and spend there 5 days. When she came back she told me that she had a horrible time there because the weather was so chilly and I told her, that serves you right for going behind my back like that and lying to me. she then told me that she promises to take me on the next trip whether it will be in April or in the summer. I told her I don't trust you anymore and your promises mean absolutely nothing to me. the just a few days ago I called my mom cell phone and her cell phone was making this weird ringing sound and the reason I called her cell phone was because I had a feeling she went on a trip behind my back again and when I tried to and I realize that she went to the Dominican Republic even though she never even told me about the trip she wanted to keep me uninformed so I wouldn't know she went and I got so angry at her when she finally called me I told her don't ever speak to me again. I was actually the first member of my family to find out who did not go on a trip that you went to the Dominican Republic. Nah my mom is telling me that you will take me in the summer and I told her don't make a fool out of me this was supposed to be the trip that you were supposed to take me out of this summer and you went behind my back and lied to me, this is supposed to be the trip that you promised to take me on and I was right that you were not going to take me and that I was stupid to listen to you to stop my rituals. Not my grandparents are promising to take me in the summer and I'm telling them the same thing that I told my mom don't make promises that you won't keep in that you will absolutely break and lie to me.

my mom then told me that the reason she didn't take me was because of my heart bleed negative attitude. I am the only member in my entire family that has never been on a trip outside of the United States with my family everyone in my family has been at least two or three times outside of the United States well I have yet to be on a trip. my younger sisters went two times my grandparents with 3 or 4 times my mom went 3 or 4 times and I am still waiting for my first trip. they do occasionally take me on small trips with Andy the area but I have never been on a trip outside of the United States with my family. and everytime i family make promises to me to do that I tell them well what about all the other times that you promise and broke it you are not trustworthy they promised me for the last 5 years in a row to take me on these trips and they never do. Maybe it's because of my negativity but I have a feeling that my family just a bunch of f****** liars.

my mom does tell me frequently not to make negative predictions and that if I put too much negativeenergy out there I will attract negativity like a magnet in the negative predictions I make will likely happen. That's what my mom told me recently but right now clean that I could predict the future and my parents think I'm crazy yet 99 percent of my negative predictions always happen.

the thing is I also made a list of positive predictions which I hope to happen they were which were the exact opposite of the negative predictions yet not one of them happened. Even before my mom betrayed me and went to Florida and the Dominican Republic I already put a check next to the she will not take me to any trips list. And yes I did mention before every single negative prediction that I made happened.

I have done several experiments in the last several years were make a list of negative and positive predictions when I stop my OCD rituals and guess what about almost a hundred percent of the time the negative predictions happening yet when I do my OCD rituals the results are usually mixed like they're supposed to be. So this is my conclusion when I do OCD rituals my negativity is attracted to me like a magnet and when I do my OCD rituals my luck essentially becomes normal like everyone else's

I am NOT going to make a prediction for the summer trip with my parents promised take me on I swear to God because I am so f****** unlucky that my parents will not take me on the trip that they promised me, and the excuse will be now that says they went on two trips to Dominican Republic and Florida then we not going to go on any more trips and that I missed my opportunity for this year.

Man, what the ****. I am so deathly afraid now. I had a panic attack and now a coincidence pops straight up. Ask dark and odd as this sounds I was looking at the Columbine shooting wikipedia page because it was I'm the news again recently. I noticed that they listened to the band KMFDM which I was listening to (the old spiderman 2 video game soundtrack they made.) I feel so light headed. I don't know if this is BMP but I am scared to death. I am lightheaded and cold.

-woops wrong thread had this open and responded to wrong one-

I had the exact same fears and experience of coincidences like this when I was young. I wish I could have spoken to my younger self that these compulsions do not prevent things from happening. The truth is, you have absolutely no control over what happens to other people. What it is, is you have chosen things to prevent-that can happen to anyone at any time. I used to wash my hands over and over again to prevent things from happening, turn light switches on and off over again. I had the exhausting rituals you are describing- eventually you will have a complete mental break down if you keep this up. You seem like an intelligent person. You likely know that performing these rituals will not prevent bad things from happening, but you keep doing them in a almost superstitious paranoia that you have some control. You have no control. It's mind over matter. You have two choices. Carry on this way, be so exhausted you break down and make yourself sick. Or empower yourself, decide right now,that this is enough. No more. If you choose to end this, you will ACTUALLY be helping those around you. Because you will have made the choice to have a healthy mind, freeing up your time to actually help others and be there for them. You will actually experience how beautiful and unpredictable this life truly is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information