Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting tomorrow

Starting tomorrow

Or at least that was the plan.

I've had a few good days so decided I would start this Saturday when my hubs is about. Of course I'm nervous about the side effects but have been thinking it's a couple of weeks for long term gain.

Bad day today and I'm now starting to 'wuss' out I don't want to take them, I don't want the weird side effects of starting but I do need some help.

For everyone else it's so easy for them to tell me to just take it but it's not for me. Why don't they get that?

I wish I'd never stopped in the first place

Re: Starting tomorrow

I can understand you there Flower ..It sometimes worries me thinking when I finlly get off them I might one day have to go through it all again .But if I do I do ...You did it once ,and you will get through it all .Think of the end result .Its got to be worth it ..Try starting on 5mg ,it wont be so hard .Slowly does it .You may not feel so bad this time anyway ,our body chemistry changes all the time .This has an important effect on how we react to medications .All the best and dont forget ,you will get plenty of support to help you through those first few weeks .Luv Sue x

JFlower - you wished you had never stopped in the first place. I wish I had never started. I am 3 1/2 weeks in and [today] at hell's door. I have just been away to Greece on hols with my partner for 11 days. Can't even remember being on holiday as nothing was an enjoyment.

Anxiety is high and I am shaking a bit too much but looking forward (ARRRRGGGHHHH) to some kind of respite from what is happening. I hate it but will keep on hoping for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry to rant but I just hope I can provide some kind of help and for you to understand you are really not alone.

Kevxx

Thanks Kev

I'm sorry you're having a rough time but you will get there.

I just don't know how I'm going to face taking that first tablet. Terrified.

Suzy - thank you. I know it works for me, just need to remember that
    Last edited by JFlower; 17-09-10 at 18:45.

Good luck JFlower - try 5mg to start off easily.

Kev - what does are you on? Maybe too high and increased anxiety from the Cit.

Hi JFlower.
    I've never posted on here before but have been reading posts for months trying to find the courage to re-start taking Citalopram. After reading yours I wanted to say I've been going through the same fear and wanted to offer you some support. I've been off Citalopram for 18 months whilst I had my 1st (and probably last) baby. I have been trying now for 10 months to start taking them again as things are so bad, mentally and physically. I've been battling on thinking that maybe I could do it without the medication as I was so scared of the side effects again.
    However I've got to the point where I can't carry on feeling like this anymore. It's not fair on my loved ones either. They cannot understand why I can't put a tiny pill in my mouth which will most likely make me feel better and enabled me to have a life once before!!
    So after all these months of trying I finally took the first one 3 days ago.....
    ....and wish I'd done it months ago! Nothing terrible happened! I made sure that my Mum and Husband were around all day in case of any awful side effects and that helped me to swallow it. Do you have people around you that you can lean on if you need to?
    So 3 days along and I've no change yet but I've done the hardest part..taking the first one. And I feel so proud of myself Kept telling myself that I deserve to feel better, that my family deserve better from me. If i was diabetic I would take insulin without a second thought!
    I understand how hard it is for you but I hope this gives you some help/encouragement with your decision.

Thank you both.

Shaz, your post helped me a lot. I also stopped because I had a baby and thought I could do this 'alone'. I'm so pleased it's going well, really hoping tomorrow will bring the same for me.

My husband and daughter are going to be with me tomorrow. Plan is to have an early morning family swim then come back and take it.

Good luck. I was prescibed 20mg but have decided to just take 10mg for a couple of weeks and then go back to docs if need to increase. Remember they have already been in your system and your body coped fine with them before.
    And once you have taken it, keep yourself busy with things even if it's just housework chores! Don't allow your mind to start imagining side effects that aren't there. Keep yourself busy and positive. And hey, we are amazing women, we have been through childbirth!!! Be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hi Shaz and J Flower....just thought id say that i took my first tablet 4days and am so chuffed with myself...after agonising over re-taking them for 6 months!..I have been staring at the box for that long..thinking will i ?//wont i?

Anyway..feel better already..not sure if its psychostmatic..but dont care..i would agree with everyone else J..and start small and build your way up...all the best and keep us posted...theres support here either way.

J

Well I took my first tablet (10mg) today. Tried not to think about it and just popped it down!

I am talking myself round that today is going to be a good day, going to keep busy but reminding myself I took this for over 3 years and it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information