Thread: hi i'm Jon just signed up and would like some support

hi i'm Jon just signed up and would like some support

Hi,

My name is Jon and have just signed up to this site, where do I begin . . .?

Ok, so this time last year I felt a million dollars, never been ill or been to the doctors with anything serious. I was just plodding through life without a care in the world. This all changed in February this year, I started getting headaches and felt that my eyes where playing up.

This went on for a few weeks and I became a hypochondriac without knowing it. I convinced myself I had a brain tuma or brain aneurysm. This now seems stupid but at the time was serious. During this time a friend of mine died through an aneurysm, he just dropped dead after weeks of complaining of headaches. This person was not a close friend but when I heard what happened then my mind was in overdrive.

My head aches and and eye problems lasted a few weeks, I was living with my partner at the time and was still at work full time. I started having horrible thoughts and thought I was going to dye, I came home from work everyday around 5pm and went straight to bed, my mind was in overdrive.

I finally went to the doctors to seek advise, they recommended my for an eye test as I didnt wear glasses. I did this and found out I needed reading glasses, since I had a job in an office this was the cause of the eye strain and the doctor reassured my that I didnt have a tuma etc.

Reading back at this it seems logical but at the time it was the worst time of my life.

After getting the glasses I started to feel a bit better but then it hit ou the blue . . ANXIETY !!!

I thought i was going to dye, it was just a constant lack of breathe and fighting for life, it is hard to explain. I was just un able to breathe and felt that i was fighting for my life.

I finally cracked a few days later in work, I was just sitting at my desk fighting for breath all day long, I rang up sick the next day.

Im not sure how anxiety links in with depression but i was off work for 3 months. I signed myself off the 1sr week convinced I was going to die, I spent the whole day in bed and just wanted it all to end.

After the 1st week ended I went to the doctors, they sent me for some tests which all came back clear, they then diagnosed me with anxiety, I didnt believe this at the time as I was convinced I was going to die.

They gave me a course of anti depressants called citalopram. This drug took around 6 weeks to kick in.

I spent this time as a total loner, the doctors signed me off every 2 weeks and I spent my time indoors doing absolutely nothing, it put a huge strain on my realtionship. i didnt think I was depressed i honestly thought I had a fatal illness.

Basically I was off work for around 3 months, the drugs kicked in and to this day i am still on them.

I managed to fight this illness so far and have even gone on holiday, the drugs take the edge off but I know I still have a long way to go.

The shortness of breath at 1sr lasted all day every day but it does get better and If i am active then I tend to fight it even more.

Sorry for the long intro,this is my story and I feel for everyone suffering like me, I am here to make friends and swap tips to fight this !!!

Love Jon

Hi riprap

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: hi i'm Jon just signed up and would like some support

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

Re: hi i'm Jon just signed up and would like some support

Hi Jon, welcome.

This place is full of people who help & support each other, a family of sorts & now yer going to be a part of it. yer not alone here, take comfort in that.

Welcome to our family.

Thread Information