Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stomach/Throat/Esophageal Cancer

Re: Stomach/Throat/Esophageal Cancer

Hi j2, can you tell me a bit about GERD please?

I would be happy to. Basically your stomach acid backs up into your esophagus. This can lead to many physical symptoms, such as heartburn, chest pain, pain in your upper stomach, hoarse voice, trouble swallowing, bad taste in mouth. There are several others. I have even had some bleeding. If you have more questions, please PM me. I would love to help you out.

J2

I went to the walk-in centre earlier as i have been having chest pains today along with my stomach problems that i have had for the past 3 weeks.

This practice nurse said i could have a problem with my Esophagus, I am worried like mad that i have Esophageal Cancer even though i am only 29 and i stopped smoking 7 years ago and rarely drink alcohol.

She checked my chest and also looked at my throat etc etc.

I keep thinking i might have Esophageal Cancer and that it might have already spread to my lungs hence me feeling short of breath and having a bit of a cough.

I know Esophagael Cancer usually develops in people who are around 60 years old or older but even so i could still develop it.

Hi j2, I think the more anxious we are, the more stomach acid we produce :( The ENT doctor put me on Lansoprazole ( gastro-resistant capsules ) and now I have all kinds of other problems :( I believe we need our stomach acid to destroy bacteria etc. I don't trust conventional doctor's, because I don't think they "care" enough about their patients. It's all so hit and miss. J2 I think you're probably just over-anxious, and have got yourself into a vicious circle, as so many of us here have :( x

Hi Eggy!
    I'm going through a similar thing at the moment!
    I have been experience bloating/fullness after eating and a generally bleh stomach.
    I've also been having a lot of chest discomfort too!
    I saw my doctor and he put it down to anxiety but i too am worried stick about stomach cancer!

I guess we have to try to think rationally (ha! easier said than done) and just think that stomach cancer is rare and its much more likely that the symptoms are caused by something more simple.

I hope you are okay xxx

Hi Eggy, when the nurse said you may have a problem with your esophagus, I don't think for one second that she meant cancer. There are so many things it could be...... and most of them aren't life=threatening We do tend to jump to the worst conclusion when we suffer with heightened anxiety :( x

Quote Originally Posted by kibbutz83 View Post
    Hi Eggy, when the nurse said you may have a problem with your esophagus, I don't think for one second that she meant cancer. There are so many things it could be...... and most of them aren't life=threatening We do tend to jump to the worst conclusion when we suffer with heightened anxiety :( x
    The practice nurse mentioned Barratt's Esophagus though which is a bad condition that can go on to cause Esophageal Cancer, I might even have Esophageal Cancer.

Hi again Eggy, you're just gonna have to wait and see..... What choice do you have? I smoked for 28 years, and I have hideous anxiety, can't sleep at all without a zopiclone, glands are swollen all over my body, can't breathe properly due to terrible congestion on my chest ( 4 years now), my GP does NOTHING except try to give me antidepressants...... Hourly I think "that's it I'm gonna die NOW!"..... But I fight on and on because I know I need to be strong for myself and my family Oh and I also found out recently that my teenage son is gay, and that he was mixing with paedophiles ( he's still a virgin ) I've learnt the hard way that life is about struggle, and building up our inner resources so we can cope with the shit that is thrown at us.... You'll be just fine Eggy x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information