Thread: citalopram/zopiclone and lansoprazole.

citalopram/zopiclone and lansoprazole.

anyone know if all these drugs are ok together?

already on cit and zop but want to restart my lans.

anyhelp appreciated thanks janine

Re: citalopram/zopiclone and lansoprazole.

From personal experience I would say no to the Lansoprazole :( You will only end up with more problems! I would say your body already has enough to cope with on the citalopram and zopiclone. Lansoprazole might reduce your stomach acid, but it also reduces your bodies ability to cope with infection and stress... Have you tried the health route, rather than the unhealthy route which is medication? Maybe try things like multi-vits with high B complex, fish oil, pre-biotics, St. John's Wort...... The answers don't always lie in conventional medicine :( Sometimes we have to look a little further ? x

Re: citalopram/zopiclone and lansoprazole.

Thats right there are so many other things out there - all with a mecidinal purpose. Kibbutz83 did mention trying St Johns wort however - you shouldn't be thinking of taking that if you are already on an antidepressant of any sort as you could end up with Seratonin syndrome, and that can be fatal. St Johns wort also reduces the effect of the Mini (POP) pill, so always read up on anything you supplement with first. I agree with Kibbutz83 that you should be taking as little as possible. Always remember that supplements are still powerful and can still form dangerous mixtures with western/eastern medicine. I would also suggest a live culture yogurt drink (the prebiotics Kibbutz mentions) for your tummy to help balance the flora in the stomach, if you find you cannot take the Lansoprazole, but then I am not a pro, and don't know of other alternatives, so ask a chemist, at least.

I've just started Citalopram myself and was looking up whether I could take Lansoprazole at the same time, which I have been taking now for a year or two. I think I will take my own advice there and go to the chemist and ask their advice as I think I am on a low dose of both, and there may be a possible way of taking them together. I am also on amitrityline, and I know I have to be careful with that mix as well!

Both keep well (as is possible) :-)
    Glennigogs

Thread Information