Thread: Upper abdominal bloating and pain

Upper abdominal bloating and pain

Please help if you have any idea what is causing me this horrendous anxiety.

I have ongoing severe bloating in the upper abdomen and occasional very sharp pains that hit the centre of my upper chest. I seriously thought it could be a heart attack but they last literally a second. Had 2 yesterday and 1 in the night. The bloating is there constantly, from the minute I get up and walk around to when I go to bed.

I feel uncomfortable and eating gives me more pain. I don't curl over in agony but it's unpleasant and uncomfortable and is stopping me eating. I have lost a few pounds, nothing major but slowly the weight is coming off. (Not a bad thing I suppose but I would rather feel better).

I have history of IBS and reflux and had a flexible sigmoidoscopy last week which revealed diverticulitis, and am waiting for upper endoscopy. I look at google and see heart attack or stomach cancer (along with gallbladder disease etc). Something doesn't feel right. I last had an examination a couple of months ago (ie gastro dr feeling my abdomen) and he couldn't feel any 'masses' but my upper abdomen feels constantly huge, painful and hard. Is this bloating related to anything. Is it related to reflux? Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce it. It feels like something is stuck in my upper abdomen and of course, having health anxiety, I suspect a big nasty black tumour in my stomach. Please help. Anyone???

Re: Upper abdominal bloating and pain

Hi jenza i have something similar i have pain in my upper left and right and the bottom left i seem to feel bloated for hours after eating the doc seems to think its gastritis so it could be something similar in your case i think the doc said its very common this time of year and i understand the anxiety as i am also worried it’s something else but i suppose the docs do know best.

i would recomend going to your local gp.

Thread Information