Thread: Thought i was improving :(

Thought i was improving :(

Had a few good days but today its horrible. Trying to revise but the anxiety is gettin the better of me, i feel physically sick. Ive had 2 diaz and they just dont seem to have had an effect at all. I feel pathetic.

Re: Thought i was improving :(

What are you anxious about ...... you may not know immediately .....

... and if you were to know now - what would you say?

Id say pull yourself together woman!! Lol. Feel like im loosin control. Its only an exam.Xx

I get so annoyed with myself!!
    Last edited by Heaven_Scent; 22-09-10 at 14:55. Reason: spelling

Anxiety is the body's way of telling you that you are not focussing on what you want, rather on what you don't want in any given situation.

Whenever you find yourself contemplating the negatives you can ask yourself a simple question and contemplate THAT .......

Whenever considering the negatives - ask yourself "What do I want INSTEAD?" and focus on ways to do, be and have THAT ....

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven_Scent View Post
    I get so annoyed with myself!!
    Oh so do I! Get REALLY annoyed with myself, my sis tells me not to be so hard on myself and be kind to myself. She is right, but its not easy. Have a break from the revising, maybe have a little walk, clear out the cobwebs. Hope you feel better soon hun. xxx

Anthony J. D'Angelo

Thank you heavenly. And your right we are too hard on ourselves. Lol.

Nigel - I totally understand where your coming from but this afternoon there was no chance of changing my thinking pattern. Feelin alot better now tho.

Thanks for the support guys. So good to know theres people on here who know what its like.

I get worried about that too.. I'll be feeling a lot better and then one day, sometimes for no apparent reason, I just feel crappy and anxious. one thing that helps is to step back and look at it.

as long as you're consciously working toward getting better, and doing what you need toward that cause, you're going to go through peaks and valleys, but overall you'll see an upward trend. it's like the stock market. from year to year there might be even major booms or busts, but when you look at it over a long time, you see that it's getting bigger. ok, maybe that's a bad example.

the point is, don't give up. with anxiety or anything else in life, the people who succeed are the ones who keep getting up after they get kicked over. when you feel bad like this, all it really is is another opportunity to grow and keep pushing toward your goal.

sorry to sound like a self help book, but this is really true. just remember that even if it's getting worse right now, you're still getting better in the long run.

Thread Information