Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emetophobia: Sickness bug going round! Everyone is getting it...

Re: Emetophobia: Sickness bug going round! Everyone is getting it...

I'm am emetophobic and i went on holiday last week the people i stayed with caught the bug and i was really unfortunate to catch it while i was not at home but it was not really that but i was just more scared.

OHH MY GOD. You sound exactly how I feel right now!! Ever since hearing that my aunty and cousin woke up suddenly ill one night about 3/4 weeks ago I've been soooo paranoid about catching it!! They visited a week or so after... scared to say the least "/ Went to the cinema, my mind was fine whilst I was occupied talking to my friend, but as soon as the film started, I got reeeally paranoid about catching 'it' from someone in the cinema... so I got really nervously nauseous and left before the film started... Same thing happened on a trip to a city. Counted down the stops and every minute until I got off the train- stupidly paranoid!! Same thing again, someone in my class in college had it then heard about it on facebook and BAM I'm back to being paranoid and reeeally scared again :( I went to the docs, told him all of this and he understood perfectly. He also prescribed me some Buccastem for when I got the nauseous feeling- felt so reassured having them to hand. But, I've felt slightly queasy yesterday and today and I really don't like it :( (down to anxiety I reckon- I hope! "/). Carry ginger, Gaviscon tablets, Rennie Deflatines and Buccastem around with me... Been an emetophobic for I'd say 5 years, kicked off badly 5 years ago where I missed quite a lot of school because of it and hoping the same won't happen again... Been religiously washing my hands recently to the point where they really feel quite dry now and even began eating less... NOT A GOOD IDEA. I know it's stupid, but when the feeling kicks in- it's sooo real "/ It shouldn't be a problem and taking over, I realise this. Urrrrgh >.<

Oh how I wish people would wash their hands after they go to the toilet, unfortunately a third of people don`t, & they also insist on coming in to work sick. These habits spread this disgusting illness. If people just cleaned up their acts, them there would be far fewer cases of norovirus around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information