Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about ECG!!

Nervous about ECG!!

Hey

I'm having my very first ECG on friday after my doctor suggested I have it just to put my mind at rest, he listened to my heart for a minute and said nothing's wrong but make an appointment with the nurse just incase.

I'm now nervous about it!! What happens during it? How long does it go on for? Do they telly you there and then if somethings wrong?

(Sorry for posting a second time from another section, feel free if you need to remove)

Re: Nervous about ECG!!

Have a read of the posts in this forum and I replied to one explaining all about it. I will try and find it for you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I can't find it - typical!

It takes about 15 minutes in total as they have to wire you up to the monitor.

They won't tell you there and then the results as they will want a qualified doc to see the results.

It doesn't hurt.

Not much more I can say really. You will be fine

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks very much Yeah I had a little look for one but thought I may aswell post and see, thanks anyway!

They may sneakily hint to you the results if it is a very experienced practice nurse carrying it out, but as Nicola said, some prefer to let the Doctor review it before you get the results.

I had one last November and there is nothing to it.

Yeah Debs - sometimes they will say something like "it looks perfect/ok/fine to me" but they have to let the doc give you the official results.

My mum had one yesterday and the nurse said she couldn't see anything abnormal but she has to see the doc on Friday to discuss it.

Yep, agreed Nic.

They won't go 'the full monty' as it were in telling you straight out (sorry, I should have said that!)

thank you both, this has calmed me

hi, just wanted to let you know that I had it today and all was fine! thank goodness

the nurse did it and then took it to a doctor on call and then returned to me and told me 'the doctor would like to see you today' which obviously made me very scared! but she just said my ECG was fine and that I have a fast heart at the moment due to anxiety. so i'm feeling quite good now

Thanks for letting us know, that's great news. I hope it helps to calm that anxiety now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information