Thread: Immune system

Immune system

I seem to be catching everything off everyone at the moment, my friends and family get exposed to the same people and don't catch it and to make things worse they then don't even catch it off me!
    My immune system used to be AMAZING, I lived with a family with swine flu and didn't catch it, kissed people with glandular fever and nothing, went through winters without colds and living with a brother with a "superbug" under house quarantine, I've never had any of the typical childhood illness's and went to the doctors for the first time this year, now my immune system's a nasty cow and hates me :/
    I'm taking vits now, incorporated narnas into my diet and the odd apple,been having more veges but noooo "Hello, I'm a crap immune system, nice to meet you mr. cold, do come in" ugh, fml.
    :@ Gr.

Re: Immune system

Hehe, I share your frustration! For the last 2 years I've had a super hero for an immune system lol. No colds, no flu, no tummy bugs, no mouth ulcers (and I used to suffer BIG TIME)...I've been around people with swine flu, bad colds, been in a house full of people with the flu etc...and I didn't catch one thing! I came off my meds (stupidly) 2 months ago and my anxiety started up again...this time very very badly. Since then I have had a flu bug, a cold sore inside my mouth, regular mouth ulcers, spots and a virus which brought my mouth out it in spots (went to the dentist who said it was stress and diet related - I hadnt slept or eaten properly for a week at that point). So now I'm back on the Sertraline (now been back on for about 6 weeks), I'm taking Vitamin B tablets and I'm making sure I eat a lot of veg! If you read the symptoms and natural remedies section on this site (find them in the menu on the left) you'll find info about anxiety's effect on the immune system. You can build it back up again. Just keep taking your vitamins, gettting plenty of rest, drinking water and herbal teas and most importantly...relaxing!!! I hope you feel better soon xxx

It's so unfair, I just want to be even moderately well, mentally as well as physically but my body just loves throwing things at me.
    I'm even finding staying asleep hard which is annoying cos I know immune health depends on deep sleep and enough sleep, pfft. I'm taking a multivit and vitamin C & ZINC atm. What're we likeeee x

It's reassuring to know that lots of us are going through this. Not nice though all the same. I'm hoping these Vit Bs will help. When I get ill I freak out more, it's a viscious cylce.

Me too, I hardly ever got ill and now i do all the time and my mouth is covered in sores all the time :(
    i want to have a good immune system because i have HPV but I worry about the HPV (and everything else) so its a continuous circle
    i cant wait until i have some cbt and can stop worrying but it seems so unlikely

I want an immune system transplant.

My immune system is being deliberately suppressed with medication as I have Crohn's disease so I catch anything that is around as well.

You can get a blood test done to see whether the immune system is really effected or not.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Garlic is good for the immune system too. If you can't stand the smell or the taste of the cloves, you can by tablets.

Long sufferer of health anxiety but *shush* it's a secret! Adverse to meds.

"Getting information off the internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant" (Mitchell Kapor)

Ah, my immune system seems to be down still...just got a big blistery cold sore right on my lower lip...lovely. Come on Vit B tablets...work!!

Thread Information