Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody with sexual intrusive thoughts about family members?

Re: Anybody with sexual intrusive thoughts about family members?

The more these thoughts scare you and the more you try not to think about them, the more you will. It's a bit like my telling you not to think about a purple elephant for the nest 30 seconds, all you will be able to think about is a purple elephant. The important thing is that you realise that you're having these thoughts. A serial killer probably wouldn't be distressed at thoughts to them it would be 'normal'. It's just anxiety that's causing it. Have you considered medication to help?

Lisa x

How you can be sure it's OCD:

If you read through the OCD forum you will see 100000's of posts just like yours.

You symptoms are text book Pure OCD >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purely_Obsessional_OCD

hello, i have this problem...
    I am new to this & have never been diagnosed with ocd but i know i over obsess easily & i fear my own thoughts. Im a 22 yr old female and I have a twin brother. I have sexually intrusive thoughts about him on a regular basis. It has been going on for about three years. at first, i thought i was crazy because it happened when i was being sexual with my ex boyfriend. My first reaction was to get help but i didnt have insurance. The thought made me really afraid and i couldnt stop thinking about what was wrong with me. i rememeber being terrified that i was attracted to my brother. at one point in time i thought it was extremely real & quit hugging him and there were times it became so bad i couldnt even look at him, even though we have always been close before this started happening.During & after that relationship ended, I started looking for similarities between my boyfriends & my brother..this is still something that happens today.
    I became very repulsed by myself & very afraid. I believed this was real...
    after that, it started getting even worse. i would physically hit myself in the head to pound the thoughts out of my brain. I dont do thi now...
    Every time i thought about the problem i was having it became worse.
    I started having what i thought were fantasies about my only brother. I couldnt stop crying and told my ex what was happening everytime we had sex, or i even thought about sex because in my mind my brother would be doing exactly what my boyfriend was doing at the time.
    since then I have obsessed so badly over it that at one point in time i thought i was atually in love with my brother, even thought the idea scared me and made me want to kill myself, even though i would never do that. looking for similarities turned into putting them on my brother in my head... for example if the guy i was seeing had tattoos my brother wore the same ones in the images that played in my head. It started to make me repulsed by the guy i was dating & we would end it.

My problem has gotten so bad that I rarely enjoy sex and im afraid to try. I have had this issue for so long that I feel it has helped end two decent realationships in the past and made me believe that i wont get better. I know I have sufferered from sexual trauma & wonder if that is the cause. I often fear people hurting me in a sexual way.

Now, three yrs later i still obsess over it, only im trying to look at the problem differently. I Know it inst real, but i still have sexully intrusive thoughts about my twin. It never stopped happening & still happens today with my current loving sweet heart of a boyfriend, & im afraid that it will ruin our relationship. I have had sex since then but Im still afraid of these thoughts.They happen either randomly, when im trying to fantasize about an actual lover, or think about my current boyfriend. I feel like this is some slow sick toture. it seems to get worse if i have feelings for the person im in the relationship with. Im so bad that im afraid to look at pictures or remember perfectly good memories with my current boyfriend because im afraid that the memory will change and morph into me being with my brother instead of the man i love. However, how can i have a healthy relationship if my man and i are going to be intimate and all i see is my twin brother playing my boyfriends role in my head? i feel so wrong. I dont want to lose him over this. I miss hanging out with my brother too like how things used to be. I want change to happen... I need this to end. l'm pregnant & just want to be healthy for myself & my child. I want to know if ocd is the problem, or what the problem is. If anyone can help me, I would feel most appreciative

Hi everyone I have just joined today. I have had worrying thoughts about all sorts for years. I have seen counsellors but nothing has helped. Though I thought my problem was just depression. After reading up on anxiety and ocd things seem alot clearer now. Its so hard to express everything because i always feel im missing something out and more thoughts just come into my head. Mine are sexual an also about hurting people. Its ruining my life. I hate myself for it, i cant have a relationship because im also over the top paranoid an jealous an push guys away. I say things like what if a girl came onto you an you was drunk etc loads an loads of stuff. I just put all sorts in my head. I just want to be normal an lead a happy life. All i do is worry an sleep an go to work. I dont make effort getting out of bed an going out doing stuff because i feel so low. Im scared all this cant be overcome. Then it makes me think is there any point in living :( Id like to just chat to people who go through the same an others that have come out the other end

Hi GreyGirl, Just a quickie to say i saw your thread. There's another thread you may be interested in... regarding sexual intrusive thoughts. This one didnt appear in the list so you may want to take a look. You certainly arent alone in this for sure. Hopefully everyone's comments here will be helpful too & you can take heart from all the support here.
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=125935&page=2

I'm going through the exact same thing GreyGirl. This is the first time I've ever been able to communicate how I feel. I've been so disturbed/embarrassed/sickened and ashamed by the thoughts I've had about my own mother that I've kept it a secret, I can't even tell my therapist.
    I sometimes have to avoid my mother because I'm so uncomfortable around her and I do a lot of "self monitoring" when I'm around her, it makes me feel absolutely dreadful. I know avoidance probably makes the thoughts worse though :/
    Even though I know what I'm experiencing is OCD, I can't shake the feeling that I really am "sick" or "disgusting" deep down. Wish I knew how to make it stop.

I used to have similar ocd thoughts about being a paedo. Obviously I've never been attracted to children, it's absurd! But everytime I was around a child I'd worry that I might start to become attracted to one and I'd have panic attacks. Luckily these thoughts have really died down of late and I feel quite comfortable around children now. There's even a part of me that would quite like to become a mother one day, but I feel like I've got too many issues and it wouldn't be fair on the kid

Anyway enough about my problems. I see that your post is a few years old, are you feeling any better since posting? I hope you are still using this forum GG. Take care x

Just to say, This is an old thread, GreyGirl hasn't been on the forum since 2010.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information