Hello all,
I would just like to share my experiences of celexa with you as it may be of some help.
First of all, citalopram has not been successful for me but please don't let that put you off reading this. I think it sould be very very helpful fo rthe majority of people who try it.
I had minor side effects for a few weeks. These were completely fine although I had chronic lethargy which I thought would disappear. Unfortunately it didn't even after 6 months and trying a very small dosage.
I started on 10mg which had no effect on my mood, went to 20 mg which had no effect either but when I tried 30mg I felt extremely relaxed. I did not, however, feel happy. I just felt numb ( if someone had said I had a terminal illness I would have shrugged my shoulders it was that strong to me.) I didn't like this feeling although I appreciate that it could be absolutely heaven sent for those of you suffering from deep depression.
I was astronomically lethargic on 30mg so thought I'd go down to 20mg. Unfortunately I was still too tired on 20mg. I had no sex drive and put on 14 pounds in 6 weeks. I tried to eat less but it still piled on.
I am now on 10mg but I am still tired. I can now appreciate things more, feel more relaxed, have lost most of the weight and have an ok sex drive.
I plan to try 5mg as it helps me sleep but that too may make me tired.
This all sounds like a very negative post but what I want to say is that, I think if you do not feel tired or get too depressed about the weight gain adn low sex drive that this med can be wonderful.
It really makes you relaxed and my husband said I was so lovely to be around. It just wasn't for me due to the extrme tiredness.
Good luck to everyone. i may try wellbutin but I am so very very scared.
x