Thread: Palpitations and bloated stomach

Palpitations and bloated stomach

Just wondered if anybody gets a bloated stomach / feeling full after meals which then triggers the palpitation

I will be fine when I get up in the morning. Half and hour after breakfast the missed beats start. It feels like I have indigestion and bloating. I also get a lot of constipation which doesnt help

I feel like this after most meals. If I have a big meal it is worse.
    I get every 3rd beat missed for a few minutes then I start to feel dizzy etc which I think is panic.

Thanks

Re: Palpitations and bloated stomach

Hi Brandy

Firstly, if you haven't yet been to your GP concerning your ectopics, I suggest you go along and discuss this with him or her. Mine changed from infrequent to frequent with different types of patterns, such as every 3rd beat. I was sent back to the Cardiologist who didn't seem too concerned, but gave me some reassurance, and is reviewing me in December.

I sometimes get indigestion, which appears to trigger my ectopics. Although I know it is not the only trigger for my ectopic beats. I have also noticed the ectopic every 2nd beat, and also every 3rd beat too. If I think the indigestion is causing the ectopics (or not helping them), I usually drink warm milk, although cold milk is equally good. Also plain yogurt, rice pudding, or semolina, help. Something to settle the stomach. If that doesn't help I have a couple of spoons of Gaviscon. Shifts the wind, and lessens the ectopics.

I sometimes find the ectopics are worse after a large meal, and if I then go and exercise (even just brisk walking or heavy housework) within an hour or two of eating they are equally bad. So I try to avoid this scenario.

All the best, NattyOne.

Hi Brandy,

Yes, I have the same thing happen to me. My last bad run of them was after a big meal, I felt bloated and the urge to burp alot. I was having them every 5 beats or so and nearly rushed myself to the hospital.

Interesting Matty says that..I drank a cold glass of milk and with in 10 minutes they stopped completley. This now works for me everytime I get a run of them. So I definetly think it is related to indigestion.

Hi Natty and Abby - thanks for getting back to me - reasurring to know that others have the same thing
    I went to the doc recently to get checked out and had an ECG - he also did a 24 hour monitor and said that there were the missed beats but nothing to worry about.
    They have just been particularly bad this week. Yesterday i had a migraine as well they are always worse then.
    So I went to bed and had painkillers and rested and today they are practically gone.
    Don't know if it was the migraine coming on or the indigestion.

I can't have much milk because that causes the bloating but I will take some indigestion medicine and see if that helps
    Thanks again
    Brandy

Stomach problems do seem to affect the vagus nerve and can set off palpitations.

read up on RLR's site

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Thread Information