Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few of my current worries

Thumbs down A few of my current worries

Wondering if any of you experience similar things:
    I keep getting horrible feelings in my arms, it's like they're disconnected, like they won't work, like they're heavy and weak, it's like they're not mine and it can be terrifying. I can get it in other body parts too.
    I get a sort of pins and needles down the left side of my back.
    Most of the time I feel WEIRD, that's the only way I can describe it, I lie in bed cos I feel "ill" but not the typical ill, I just don't feel right, like my body is just odd.
    People ask me "But how do you feel ill? In what way?" and I just can't describe it, I just don't feel right, my breathing seems strange to me, I can't decide what I want, am I hungry? Thirsty? Full or tired? It's like i've forgotten how to understand my body.
    I get woken with it and sometimes it's like my eyes can't focus or look in one place.
    Helppp?x

Re: A few of my current worries

I also went through a period of calf muscle twitching that came on during a cold and lasted weeks until it calmed and the past few days I've had a blocked nose and funny throat etc and the twitching has returned, my stomach has been REALLY loud lately tooo

MC, have you told your GP all of this? They can help.

It looks like anxiety to me, but I am not a doctor, you can ask for a health check to put your mind at ease then tell them all the worries you have. They can help in many different ways.

I told my gp a lot of what I experience and got prescribed Sertraline and told "Don't worry, if we thought you had anything serious we'd be sending you for tests", the weird body feeling, arm and eye stuff has come on since, it went away mostly for the past 2 weeks of Sertraline but I can feel it returning. Does anybody get the same? It'd be nice to think I'm not alone.

I don't get the same, I have a racing heart and headaches, weight loss and worry, rest assured you are not alone.

Thank you, I was just so glad the twitches had faded to almost nothing and today they're back, like worms under the skin of my calves ughh. I've got an appointment with my doc late next month, just hope I can hold myself together until then, the sertraline doesn't seem to be helping anything

It takes time, if things don't get better you can tell your GP when you have that appointment.
    Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCalm View Post
    Wondering if any of you experience similar things:
    I keep getting horrible feelings in my arms, it's like they're disconnected, like they won't work, like they're heavy and weak, it's like they're not mine and it can be terrifying. I can get it in other body parts too.
    I get a sort of pins and needles down the left side of my back.
    Most of the time I feel WEIRD, that's the only way I can describe it, I lie in bed cos I feel "ill" but not the typical ill, I just don't feel right, like my body is just odd.
    People ask me "But how do you feel ill? In what way?" and I just can't describe it, I just don't feel right, my breathing seems strange to me, I can't decide what I want, am I hungry? Thirsty? Full or tired? It's like i've forgotten how to understand my body.
    I get woken with it and sometimes it's like my eyes can't focus or look in one place.
    Helppp?x
    I have the weak feeling in my arms like they are loose or heavy and feel like they are falling off, It's a weird feeling i have had a similar feeling in my legs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    I have the weak feeling in my arms like they are loose or heavy and feel like they are falling off, It's a weird feeling i have had a similar feeling in my legs as well.
    Has a Dr given you any reassurance?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCalm View Post
    Has a Dr given you any reassurance?
    Not much i said my body feels weak everywhere but nothing was done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information