Thread: diarrea help

diarrea help

please help: i need to know if this is normal, ok here i go....for the past week ive been having diarrea, yes its like water after i eat, ive also lost weight from 11 stone to 9 and a half in under 1 year, ok ive been to the dotors and he has said its anxitey but is it? is this normal for people who suffer Anxitey why cant i put the weight back on, im not lossing more weight so that a good sign i think but i look so Gaunt in the face and my friends say i look so ill, ive had full blood count done and thats ok just wanted to know if i had cancer would that show up in the bloods thanks Ian Oh and i would like to say im off balance all the time too, feels like im on a boat if you know what i mean Thanks Ian
    Last edited by ian414; 25-09-10 at 15:58.

Re: diarrea help

Hello Ian,

Yes it would show up in bloods.

Anxiety or stress makes the bowels work faster and harder so it mucks about with what would be a regular bowel movement normally, and our metabolism speeds up when we are anxious so it is possible that along with the diarrhoea you have had you have noticed a weight loss.

You say 'it is like water'....is that the case every time? How frequently are you going? I assume that your doctor mentioned drinking as much as you can so you don't become dehydrated and of course maintaining a good, healthy diet will help.

I am sure he is right with saying it is anxiety induced, but should it be considerably ongoing I would go back to him.

Hi Debs, no its not everyday i went to the loo this morning and it was loos not runny like water then i went out had my breakfast like i do every morning came home and that was it i had to go to the loo again and this time it was like water, this does happen alot of the time but not everyday thanks for your comment Ian

Hi Ian,

Do not worry, this does sound very much like anxiety. Watery diarrhoea is very common with anxiety, and the problem is that you worry aqbout it, which makes you have more of it.. vicious circle.

Anxiety can really mess up your bowel routine, but don't fear - this is normal. You may have IBS which is stress related, but it is harmless, although unpleasant.

Don't worry, it is normal for anxiety. X

Thanks IECB i need to know im ok its the weight loss to that worrys me, if its not one thing its another, my heart will race from anything 80 to 140 beats a min for no reason and yes i do worry hen its going that fast and wont slow down thanks again Ian

Hi Ian. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Through my anxious episodes I've been having very loose poo, sometimes diarrhea depending on how much panic Ive felt in the day. For me that's quite abnormal as I tend towards the harder end of the poo scale usually! Over the last week I have been feeling much better anxiety wise and my tummy seems to be getting back to normal slowly as a result. The last 2 days I've been fine. It sure seems like it's anxiety. I would recommend having smaller meals but more often, drinking peppermint tea and sipping sparkling water...those are the things that have helped me. I may well just be a stomach upset. Have you been eating spicy food or anything that may have upset your stomach?

I think if you had cancer your FBC readings would go pretty haywire...is that right Debs?

I hope you feel better soon.
    Xxxx

This could possibly be IBS. I've had the same experience with IBS in the past. Every morning for about 4 months I would have a very loose bowel after breakfast, literally about 10 mins after. I had to just kinda go with it and take an Imodium.

I have lost a large amount of weight due to the anxiety, being unable to eat a large amount, and stomach therefore shrinking. About 2 and a half stone, down to 6 stone at the moment. These things are all often related and linked together with anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightFire View Post
    I think if you had cancer your FBC readings would go pretty haywire...is that right Debs?
    Yeh, it is Moonlight....they would be abnormal, but in saying that it is rare for cancer to be diagnosed purely from a blood test anyway, and if the doctor was at all worried he would order further tests, scans, etc.

The trouble with your heart rate Ian is it's a bit of a vicious cycle as when you notice your heart rate going up, you worry, so it stays elevated due to your anxiety. This is normal in that repect, so please don't dwell on it.xx

I feel for you, my bowels are messed up too and I always fear the worse, I get best of both constipation and diarrea, for diarrea eat plenty of dry toast and drink tons of water throughout the day, it really helps! if you want something with more flavour than just dry toast have bannanas aswell

Thread Information