Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Having a mare....Help

Thanks Diana/Charlie for your replies. You are right I need to chill and start the medication.

Actually to be honest, I have always suffered from PMS and now have a home pc and have been doing some looky uppy on PMS. My doctor is aware of the situation, but I think he thinks give her the pill non stop and that'll stop the migranes and the PMS. WRONG! And to boot I had that colposcopy last week for precancerous cells, that'll affect my hormone levels I'm sure. Actually my doctor, although supportive at times, seems a little intolerant with me.

Anyway, back to the point. I'm going to start my tabs at the weekend so I can adjust by Monday if needs be any routine to taking them and have a rough idea of how they'll make me feel. I'm also going to join NAPS for PMS sufferers and see how I get on there. I'm also keeping a 'mood' diary on how I feel each day and around what time of the month it is, and when my panic/anxiety attacks occur. Then I shall go back and see the doctor and see what he says.

It does actually say on the NAPS site that PMS can cause anxiety and panic attacks, and I remember saying to my therapist a couple of years ago that my panic attacks were really really severe at the time of the month - his only advise was to avoid going out at my time of the month - like you can with two kids and a house to run and a job to do!!

My word there's lots of negative energy coming from me right now, I'm off to take your advice, kids in bed and I'm off for a lovely long hot bath and a sip or two of some red alcoholic grape juice

Thanks for listening, I hope I've made some sense with what I've written. And if I'm right I wonder if other women suffer the same and just dont realise the connection?

Have a lovely evening,
    Ruth
    x

Hi Ruth

Glad you are managing to be strong and taking some positive action!

It might be worth going to your health food shops and asking about medication.

A friend of mine doses herself up with Black Coshosh (I think thats how you spell it), Oil of Evening Primrose and our old favourite Vit B Complex.

She says it's made a new woman of her - and her hubby agrees!

I started my tablets on a Wednesday so work would take my mind of worrying whether or not I was going to become ill from taking them - so make sure you are busy, and have lots of nice fun things (or tiring, whichever works for you) to do to take your mind off it.

Good luck, and hope that you start to feel better soon

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hiya Ruth,

Glad to hear you have taken some time out for you. The grape juice was a good additive to the bath I am sure . How did you come out feeling? Better I hope.

I do hope today is better for you.

Post to let us know how you get on with the meds. I`m sure you will be fine.

I know what you mean about the PMS too. I get very anxious and find it a bit harder to breathe around my time of the month.

How did your colposcopy go?

I to think that my doctor is a little intolerant with me at times. I was just in this past Tuesday and had a list of questions and concerns (about 5-6) I wanted her to go over with me, and she all but shoved me out of the office !!!!:(

The NAPS support group sounds like a good idea. Let us know how you get on with that. I like the idea about the mood diary, I think I will start one. Would be interesting to actually pin point the times of month that I "REALLY" feel like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silly docs ey? Suggesting you not go out when your time of the month comes!!!!!!!!!!! What did he figure you should do, tie your kids up, let your home go to pot and take leave from work to get through your time of the month? LOL.......... Actually sometimes I think there should be a time of "PAID" absence (from home and work) for that time of the month, as it can sometimes seem unbearable. We wish ey? LOL............

Very good information about the connection with PMS and anxiety/panic. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care dear,

Diana xxxxx

Hiya Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!

The supplements that you mention above, are they for relief of PMS symptoms or just anxiety/panic? Can you take any one of these with the B-Complex or do you take them all together? What about the "SUPER" B-Complex? That is what I take, is there any difference do you know from just the regular B-Complex vitamins?

Thanks for all of the info.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana xxxx

Hi Diana

My friend isn't on the pill, so she gets "proper" periods, accompanied by "proper" full on PMS (or should that be preceeded)

She takes all these three things together, and swears by the combination to keep her PMS minimised (she still suffers, but not as bad), control her mood swings, and generally help her cope with being a girl!!!

I'm not sure about the difference between B and Super B. The tabs I'm on at the minute are Super B. Basically I think that it might be to do with the dosage. I threw the old tub away, and started on the new ones, before I realised that they were slightly different. My mum got me my new supply from the health food shop, which is why I hadn't paid too much attention previously.

I think the super ones are super strength - i.e. above the RDA.

I'm sure Meg can clarify this for us!

Charlie

Ruth,
    Tried to post you yesterday,but wouldnt work.Hope you are feeling a little better!!??

I was on citalopram for a while and it was very good.Like you I was reluctant to take them at first cause the pack said anxiety could be increased initially,but I was fine.If you suffer any ill effects go back to your GP.

You have so many balls in the air at the moment it is no wonder you feel a bit shaky!!The fact that you are still managing to work at all is really amazing and very brave considering what is going on around you!

Have you made your employers aware that you are struggling a bit?they may be able to help you?

The only other thing i can say is try to take some time out each day just to chill.Whether it is Good food live on Tv or a 20 min soak in the bath.It will all help you to chill a little bit and regain some perspective.

Im doing ok.Havent done much really though,so diffficult to say what i will be like when it comes time to go to uni or work.Just have to keep trying i guess.It really is exhasting though,but we will all get there.The fact that we all continue to live our lives with these afflictions just goes to show what inner strength we all have!!Take care and let us know how you go T xx

Juliet

You sound a bit brighter! Hope you are feeling a bit better.

You are right - life has scared the c**p out of me for the last three years - but I still keep going onwards! The worst was when I had to keep taking my gran to hospital. At one point I only managed it cos I knew that at least if I freaked I was in the right place to be treated !!!!! Ha Ha Ha LOL

Charlie

Juliet,

Good to hear you are doing well .

Not to worry about Uni or work, I know you will be fine. Like you said "INNER STRENGTH, WE ALL HAVE".

Do try to take some of your own advice dear and relax. Everything will "FALL" into place.

Good luck with work and Uni. Post to let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Thanks Charlie..... for the info. I have made a note of the supplements. I am going to pick them up today. Try them whilst I am Pre-Menstrual!! LOL............... .

I can relate to what you were saying about taking care of your gran, I too did those things for my gran before she passed away in 2000. The bathing, clipping the nails, fixing her hair etc. I truly gained a great respect for the elderly by doing those things and I was happy that I could do something for her for a change as she had done soooo much for me .

I know this may sound kind of wierd to some, but when she passed on, a (female) friend of the family and I went to do her hair, make up and I painted her nails for her before she was laid out. She actually looked more peaceful and rested than I had seen her look in years :(
    She looked absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Being there and helping with the preparation for her last viewing, put my mind and heart at such ease.

I know this is "WAY" off the subject. I just thought I`d share since reading your post about taking care of your gran struck a heart note with me [:I].

Sorry I got off track!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [8)]

I will wait for Meg to post about the "SUPER" B Vitamins.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

Hi Diana

My gran was due to go into hospital for tests on Monday 21st March, last year. It was the first hospital appointment that I didn't take her to, but she only had to go in about 5 to be settled for the night, so they could drain the fluid off her abdomen and conduct tests the next day. I spent the Sunday with her, packing her case, washing her hair, giving her a bath and giving her a manicure and a pedicure.

I left work early, had some tea and tore down to the hospital. My mum and Jean were there, and they were sitting on her bed whilst she was being examined on the bed next door.

"Thats my eldest grand-daughter just arrived - I don't know what I'd do without her you know, I knew she wouldn't be far behind me" I heard her say through the curtain

"Hey up Fossil" I shouted back

"Oh doctor - can you hear what she just called me? I've never been so embarassed. I'll give it her in a minute"

Then I heard the nurse say "Lily" and I just knew that she was in trouble. I took off out of that ward as fast as I could, crying, even though the docs hadn't said anything. My mum came after me, and tried to hold me, but I just wanted to be on my own. The nurse came and took us to the family room. They worked on her for an hour. It was the longest hour of my entire life. The nurse was lovely, and stopped after her shift had finished to be with us. I don't think I've ever had so much tea in my entire life.

The doctor then came in and explained that although they had recusitated her, it was likely that she would run into further problems, and may not see out the night.

We then had to go and ask gran if she wanted reviving again if it happened again.

I sat with her for a bit, and got her undressed, and into bed. Then I left and went and sat with my horse in his stable.

I didn't go to work the next day, and went to hospital at lunchtime.

I spent the day with gran - from lunchtime till ten o'clock. I got her ready for bed, gave her her lunch and tea, and got her a drink. I read the paper with her and did the cross word. She was getting bed sores, from sitting on the sofa at home for so long, so I bathed them, and then helped the nurse rig her up with one of those inflatable air matress things.

We watched Eastenders and after Life of Grime, she sent me home, cos she was tired.

That was the last time I saw her. I didn't want to leave her, and I never told her how much I loved her, and appreciated her.

The next day, we couldn't go down in the morning cos that was when she was having the fluid drained. I went to work cos I couldn't face waiting at home. At 12 my phone rang. I didn't even need to answer it. It was my mum. I was that upset that I couldn't cry. In the end, I went to her flat that night, and picked up some precious things, and finally the tears came. I was on my own, and turned up on my best friends doorstep at 9.30. Mark just took one look, lifted me up over the doorstep and gave me a massive hug. He didn't even need to ask what had happened.

I know that this hasn't got anything to do with the original post, but Diana, you've bought it all back (in a nice way) I've never really cried properly - I couldn't even face her funeral, and I'm sitting her having a fu**ing good cry.

And I feel so much BETTER now!

So thank you for upsetting me - it's worked wonders!

Love

Charlie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information