Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous Breakdown

Nervous Breakdown

Has anybody here ever suffered a nervous breakdown. If so, what happens? Do you just shut down? Are you able to function at all? The last few days I've been struggling to think and I feel totally exhausted. Im struggling to stay awake and it's not like me. I hope Im not coming in for one. Thanks.

I had a nervous breakdown about 4 yrs ago, due to a bereavment and the birth of my daughter (all in the same week!) Just wouldn't get out of bed, panicking non stop, shaking, etc etc. I did make a full recovery, but obviously still have some issues, else i wouldn't be on here! It doesn't sound like you are having one, sounds like you are just having a bad time at the mo. Are you on any meds or had any counselling? Don't worry about 'waiting' for a nervous breakdown to come to you, if you keep thinking negatively it will make you feel worse. Try to think positively, and follow all the advice on this site.

Hope this helps India xx

NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. YES. HAVE YOU REA DCLAIRE WEEKES BOOK. IF YOU RELATE TO THIS THEN THQT IS WHAT YOU HAVE. SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES EXPLAINS IT TOO A TEE

SORE CHEST
    PALPITATIONS
    FAST HEART RATE
    STOMACH ACHES
    TIREDNESS
    ACHING MUSCLES
    FEAR
    AGITATION
    SLOW HEART RATE
    BAND OF PAIN AROUND THE HEAD

THE LIST GOES ON

I HOPE THIS HELPS
    JACKIE

Hi

I had a nervous breakdown nearly 9 years ago and I can reassure you, you wouldnt be able to sit at a computer and type a message. Its difficult to describe how it felt, because that time in my life is painful to talk about. What I will say is the main things I remember are the hallucinations and total exhaustion, screaming to the point of Police coming to house regularly, self harming to a great extent, totally out of control, suicidal, "living like an animal", living in constant panic and fear. If you have been under some stress recently your body is probably reacting to it now by the old familiar sensations and negative thought patterns When I had my breakdown, it wasnt something I could control, it just happened.

Hope this has helped to reassure you.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default...=cms&c=reading

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING MISTAKES ABOVE. YOU CAN GET THE BOOK ENTITLED SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES FROM THE ABOVE SITE. IT REALLY DESCRIBES IT WELL

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE VERY TIRED, AND PERHAPPS NOT EATING RIGHT. TIREDNESSS AND LACK OF NUTRICION CAN MIMIC THE SIGNS OF NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

JACKIE

This sounds like normal anxiety symptoms to me. It is normal to feel exhausted when you are very anxious and it is also difficult to think clearly.

Have a look as these previous posts:

What defines a 'nervous breakdown'
    nervous breakdown

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

It is normal to feel how you are with anxiety, here for you

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Hello,

It is very hard to separate anxiety/panic attacks and depression from a nervous breakdown I spoke to my GP in great depth about only last week. A nervous breakdown is very similar to anxiety in fact he went as far to say it is an old fashioned word for anxiety but I don’t personally believe it.

He said that I had suffered a nervous breakdown and I agree with the others you would not be able to sit at your computer and type what you did if you had a nervous breakdown. I was at the point of pulling my hair out my hair and I actually did because I was that frustrated with the way I was feeling. Like everything else in life it is possible to make a recovery from a nervous breakdown try not to worry about it to much.

Most of the symptoms you described are anxiety based symptoms I think when we suffer from anxiety we really want it to be some kind of other illness so we can relate to it better. I think we all tend to think if the doctors says it is as nervous breakdown it doesn’t sound as bad as a mental illness but infact it is worse.

Well good luck and try to stay calm and I’m sure you will be fine.

Robert

Hi Hun,

I think that you would benefit a lot by having a new focus in life, something to keep you occupied and to stop you from thinking so much.

Try to find something to distract yourself from all the negative thoughts that you have, and turn them all into positives.

You know where I am if you need a chat anytime.

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

I think I was close at one point to some kind of breakdown but I was then put on Prozac so I got better from it. I was just so low that I couldn't function properly and just cried most of the time and had no energy to do anything and couldn't be bothered to anyway.

I only know of one person that had an actual breakdown and they didn't even know they were having one. It happened very suddenly and one day whilst sat at the airport about to board a plane they just couldn't move and just sat there with a blank stare on their face. She was taken into a hospital and made a full recovery.

Sounds to me like you are just run down and need to find some focus in your life to help you recover slowly.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information