Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: melanoma fear

melanoma fear

hello ive posted before regaring this skin lesion on my lower leg that has been comin and going for the last 10 years anyway i got it removed in the hosptial and now just waiting for pathogly results to come bck its been over a week and my nerves r shatterd bigtime! im so worried as its been ther for 10 years its gonna most def have spread! i have 3 kids since its been there no other illnesses at all i got my full blood count thyoird and liver tested and all came bck fine do u think i would hav had other symptoms if i was the worst kind of melanoma im really scared i cant stop cryin or eat or even sleep :( plz some1 reply

Re: melanoma fear

???

I think if you had it for 10 years then it would be nothing to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about it as you are just getting stressed and there is nothing you can do now.

I am sure they will contact you soon.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Im sure since youve had it so long, if it was serious, there most definately would have been other symptoms. I know the wait is agonising, but you are close to finding out the answer, and have to trust that you will deal with it, despite the outcome. Its so hard to be positive as anxiety is awful I know, but emerse yourself in your family and keep busy. Let us know how you get on. Very best wishes xx

I had the same for years and years. It was biopsied and removed. It was a basil cell carcinoma. Its most often this and does not spread. best to get it removed as they do get bigger in the sun etc.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

thanxs for replyin guys means alot xx

I am in the same situation, waiting for pathology results, I feel your pain and anxiety.

I also have three kids, one on the way any minute, in my late 30s, I understand exactly what you are feeling, don't feel alone.

cthy....its horrible isnt it ive just had my 4th baby 19 weeks ago im praying to god like u would not beileve :( i just cant seem to function i want to knw the result and i dont want to know if tht makes sence i mean ive this this thing on my leg for 10 years and i never thot nothin of it as it wud appear for awhile then dissapear its been this way for 10 yrs beause ive left it so long am worryin abt it i was to sared to go to the docs abt it but finally found the courage to do so and tht was a week ago yday i was in hosp gettin it removed and av been on edge ever since i should have google bcos now im fearing for the worst
    i hope ur ok and good luck for wen the wee 1 arrives xx

Waiting for lab results is the worst, I know. And you have to go on and take care of the kids and house and can't afford to fall apart. What I'm doing is trying not to think too far ahead and occupy myself. I have also stopped googling because it just alternately makes me feel better and worse. And I'm terrified I'll go into labor before the results, I have this irrational fear that if that happens, it will be melanoma. Also my husband is in Europe until Thursday night and I'm alone with the other kids.

Did they tell you when to expect the results? I should get mine today or tomorrow.

they said within 2 to 4 wks my hubby also workin away too hes not home till end of oct :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information