Thread: Sleeping pills

Sleeping pills

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any experience of sleeping pills over the counter which work.

I Had some from the doctors, I can't remember the name but it started with 'z'. They literally knock you out, but they leave a rather disgusting metalic taste in your mouth and throat. And its not a very pleasant sleep. I have had two scripts now, and they won't give any more.

I've also had several scripts of diazapam, they really help me sleep but again, they don't want me to take them full time.

Since I stopped taking anything, I am just not sleeping on my AD medication (citalopram).

Its 02.25 and I have such a full on day tomorrow, I'll probably wortk through till 10pm again as today. So its killing me not getting sleep.

Any advice on brands etc, much apprecaited.

Yours sleepily,

T

Re: Sleeping pills

I've found that Nalala is very good. Its a blend of African sleeping herbs. They just lull you off to a lovely sleep. You can't get them otc but you can buy from Little Herbal International. Love their products

i think you mean zopiclone i have taken them 3 years never upped dose to be honest they help my anxiety ,,i think there brill

I take night nurse tabs when i cant sleep ..They contain antihistamine .When your on Cit ,you will find that they will have an enhaced effect sometimes ,so you dont need the full dose .Have you tried changing the time of day you take the Cit ? It can really make a lot of difference to how you sleep ..Sue

Yes, zopiclone is what I was given. They were very nervous about giving them to me for more than a few weeks. They seemed to think they were potentially addictive plus they can have some long term health effects. But I did like them, the metalic taste was a bit nasty but they knocked me out.

I have moved the time I take CIT to evenings and it has had an impact, but I'm still pretty tired and wake up alot.

I might well give night nurse a go.

I t should settle down eventually Trooper .If you dont get on with the N/N Boots do a night aid .I havnt tried it but some say its good .Avoid any thing with Valerian as it can cause upset stomache ..T/c Sue

I was taking tesco sleep aid, mix of valerian and passion flower etc but I didn't find they helped my sleep, upset my stomach a bit and made me have vivid dreams.
    I really can't rely on herbs.

Ive found Sominex very helpful. Just about the only non prescription tablets that have worked for me.

Thread Information