Thread: diazepam 5mg

diazepam 5mg

Hi all, im due to go on holiday on tuesday and im terrified, the doctor has given me diazepam to take 5mg, has any one taken this dose, will they knock me out??
    She gave me 6 she told me to take up to 2 for the flight and take 1/2 during the week if i feel anxious.

thank you x

Re: diazepam 5mg

Hi, I was prescribed 5mg tablets for anxiety to help me, they calmed me down and helped my heart to stop racing, they make you a bit drowsy so don't drive.

Hi
    Im terrified of flying and to, take diazepam to fly, 5mg wont knock you out but they might make you a little tired. How long is your flight?. They will certainly relax you. I managed to fly from london to thailand on my own last year with the help of Diazepam and i am terrified of flying.
    If its a morning flight you could take half the night before (so you get some sleep) and half on the way to the airport. Then take one two hrs before your flight and see how you feel. If your still feeling anxious an hr later then take the other one. (they only take half an hr to work) That way your not letting you panic build up. If its an evening flight then just take half in the morning and half on the way to the airport e.t.c.. I find this works for me. I try and get a seat near the middle of the aircraft (near the wing) as this is where you will feel less turbulance... Ps Have a nice holiday

Richie

Hi Im on 5mg and they just make you feel abit spaced out (in a nice way) Have a fantastic holiday.Xx

Good advice given above. You shouldn't be knocked out by 5mg as it's quite a low dose. Make sure you don't drink alcohol with them though - it'll make you feel awful. Good luck.

HAVE A TRULY WONDERFUL HOLIDAY

Can I be cheeky and ask you to post how you got on with the med's - I think this is the only way I will get back onto a plane.

Happy holiday

thank you for your replies im feeling very anxious about going but almost excited too this is going to be a really big challenge for me, its those morning feelings which are hard too, i dont cope that well from home!!
    I will def let you know how i get on jackie x

Thread Information